Chapter 13: Testing

Larks POV:

The days fly by quickly, I can't believe I've been at the academy for a week already. In the past week I've grown closer to Ria and Blaze as well as Kalan, Thalium, Logan and Ryker. Occasionally a weird guy, I think his name is Ethan comes and Ria, Blaze and him go off and talk. It usually results in an annoyed Ria, she can be a little hot-headed at times; so honestly not really that surprising. Her wolf pup, Titan, is adorable though. He's grown so much since I first saw him, he was a 3 week old pup when I first met him but although he's only 4 weeks old he's grown heaps. His silver coat is glossy and thick and his ears are pricked up now instead of floppy.

I can't wait, in a few days the first years get their eggs! My first dragon, that kinda makes it sound as though I'm going to have multiple dragons... I'm not I swear just the one.

"Can all first years dress in workout gear and meet at the training gym in thirty minutes please? All first years to the training gym in thirty minutes, thank-you!" The headmaster's voice booms out across the schools speaker.

"Arrrrh!" Zim grumbles from her spot on her bed, she's cuddled up with her blankets pulled up around her neck and I can see that outline of her body in the fetal position as she lays on her side.

Although Zim is still in bed and sleeping I've been awake since 8am, for the past 2 hours I've been summoning and dismissing my bat from the pendent. The bat is kinda really cute, she seems to understand my every word but no-one yet knows about her. The necklace where the bat lives is from my birth mother, or something, I never take it off and it grows warm occasionally. However I can't pinpoint what the similarities are each time it heats up. After having spawned the bat for the 20th odd time this morning I gave her a name; Teeki. I feel bad, everytime I spawned Teeki she gave me the stink eye, I think she was trying to sleep and I was disturbing her.

Instead of staying tucked up in bed I've decided to get up and stretch my tired legs, the past week I've been working out. When I say working out I mean more along the lines of walking around campus and running around with my friends.

"Get up!" I chuck a pillow at Zim's head hitting her square in the face, she growls rolling over. As she refuses to get up I walk to the tap and fill a cup with cool water, walking back to Zim I tip the water onto her head and step away. She sits up growling, her eyes lock on mine and she relaxes but still scowls.

"Fine I'm up." She shoves the now sopping wet blanket off and hops out of her bed strolling to her cupboard. I walk over to mine too and grab out a pair of basic black cargo pants and a plain black tee, as well as a plain black jacket and my combat boots. I quickly strap my sword onto my hip and tie my flame red hair into a high ponytail, waiting for Zim in the bathroom I make some toast with honey for each of us and start munching on mine. Zim strolls over dressed in basic black leggings, a sleeveless blue workout shirt and sports bra with a plain black jacket similar to mine and white runners. She grabs her simple sword that was supplied by the school, and together we walk out the door as I pass her some toast. As per tradition we walk over to Ria's room and knock on the door, today Blaze answers and Titan comes bounding out yipping happily.

"Just a sec!" Ria calls from the bathroom, she emerges with black cargo pants, combat boots, a fitted black tee and a black bomber jacket. Her hair is in two messy buns and a sword is attached to her hip with a bow slung over her shoulders. Blaze has two quivers beside him and is wearing a black sleeveless hooded jumper and black shorts with black sneakers.

"Ready?" I call out as Ria grabs an apple and chucks another one to Blaze, he catches it in his right hand with ease and takes a bite out of it.

"Show off." Ria mumbles under breath and stalks over to the door. "Let's go." She aims that at everyone and her voice carries down the short hallway where I stand.