Chapter 43: Goodbye darkness. Hello Understanding.

Like everyday life continued, we partied, we danced, we sang, we drank... well I drank a little, it's not like wolves have a low alcohol tolerance. I've had like 8 and I'm only a little tipsy.

I chatted with everyone last night, people ranging from werewolves to humans to vampires, I even spoke to a few dragons, accidentally might I add. But everyone wanted to speak to the Luna-to-be and the Alpha-to-be, even the word spread surrounding King Alexander being our father.

Everyone had been given their ranking and despite some not being too happy no-one complained and everyone just chilled before the mess of Cadre Testing continues.

I went to bed that night without any second thoughts, after a very loud happy birthday from everyone I stumbled my way to my room followed by Zym and Lark. I can't say I heard anything from their rooms all night.

That night I dreamt about Ej, not exactly my best time, it makes me look a little desperate but it was my wolf she's in love.

That next morning I woke up... I'd say bright and early but it was not early and I was not bright.

'We get to see EJ!' Jay squealed with childish excitement.

'Great.' My voice dripped sarcasm as I mumbled back to my wolf.

I pulled on a white cropped singlet and black cargo pants followed by my black combat boots and a thin black windbreaker. Quickly I trudged downstairs into the near silent kitchen.

"Morning!" I grinned and walked into the pantry grabbing cereal and a bowl before pouring the cereal into the bowl and adding milk.

"Hello? Anyone?" I questioned after receiving no response to my morning. "Why are ya'll so unusually somber today?" I asked shoving a spoonful of cereal into my awaiting mouth.

"Uhm." I noticed Lark look around for support but no one would meet her gaze.

"Spit it out already." I growl, I could feel Jay near the surface as no one was being straight with me.

"Ah," Lark mumbles looking down not meeting my eyes.

"Get. It. Out." My good mood perished as I scowled at my twin, I have zero patience as it is and in the morning it's so much worse.

"EjhasagirlovernastheyreinhisroomandIthinkitsMelbourneorsomeone." Her words came out in a jumble and in a single breath.

"Again but slowly."

"Ej has a girl over and they are in his room and I think it's Melbourne or someone." She spoke slowly but deliberately.

"Good for fucking him." My voice came out rather aggressive as I feel Jay fighting for control.

'No. He wouldn't.' Jay whimpers hurt.

'Titan who is here with Ej?' I mind link my wolf and he scampers out the room quickly. 'He'll pay if he has Jay, I swear it.' I respond to my whimpering wolf and gently push her presence from my mind into her den.

"Why are her eyes doing that?" Clay asks leaning forward to get a better look at me.

"Fuck off!" I growl feeling Jay lash out.

"Leave us." Blaze's voice comes out commanding towards the room. Without hesitation they all leave except for Kyle and Lark who awkwardly shuffle their feet beside me.

"I'm alright." I whisper to the three of them. I mentally block Jay for a minute so I can speak to them without her overpowering me.

"I have almost 2 minutes before Jay can hear us again." I speak my voice stronger then before without Jay's emotions running havoc with my own.