Chapter 27: Fight! Fight! Fight!

Lark POV:
The hushed whispers of the group did nothing to drown out the urge for blood. I know, I know, I'm a vampire blah blah blah but the texture is gross. I mean it's like thick water that has a metallic taste, plus everyone looks at you strangely while you drink it. Well at least I imagine they do.

I mentally scream as I resist the need for it, I can't take this any longer. I abruptly stand up and march out of the room with out my friends. I get a few odd looks but I ignore them and keep walking. Out the big spruce door and into the long hallway, a few kids are littered around but none pay me any attention as I march with purpose towards the cafeteria.

Pushing the smell of human blood away I walk over to the blood buffet and grab a packet and straw, gross.

I stab the straw into the bag and drink, the thick liquid skids down my throat and quenches the undying thirst for blood, pun intended. At this school the students who are human can donate blood for money so the school has a fresh supply, we also get animal blood as some students prefer it. Honestly, I don't mind either way, I can't bring myself to feed from the source however, Ick just Ick.

The long windows covering most of the walls shows students flying on dragons of all shapes and colours, some are battling and using their elements while others are just going for a joy ride. I suck on the bag as I watch the pairs flying. A student on their mount is flying blindfolded... what could go wrong?

A moment later the rider and dragon crash face first into a tree both wearing the leaves of the large evergreen.

Fixing my gaze towards the ground I watch as a group of werewolves shift and take off running into the forest, there are mainly brown wolves with the odd blackish or grey wolf, I'm pretty sure that Callum once told me that the rarer the colour the more powerful the werewolf. Thats why Ria got so many looks because she's pure white which is the rarest colour opposed to pure black.

A hand lands on my shoulder causing me to spin and punch, the guy stumbles back a step holding his jaw. I watch as the mysterious man rubs his jaw. A purple bruise already forming from the harsh impact.

"What do you want?" I growl out at the rando dude.

"I surrender." The guy raises his hands into the air in play forfeit. Narrowing my eyes I continue drinking the blood bag but keep watching the guy.

"I'm Grayhem by the way." He nervously smiles at me as he twirls his shoulder length hair.

"Didn't ask but sure. I'm Larkin." Sticking my blood covered hand out for the guy to shake, I watch to see what he'll do.

Without the smallest amount of hesitation Grayhem grabs my hand gently and kisses it softly.

"Madam... it's a pleasure to meet you." He bows low and looks at me grinning.

I wave my hand for him to stand but can't hold back a chuckle.

"The pleasure is all mine good sir." I smile shyly and look down, Grayhem steps forward and tilts my head to face his, gripping my chin.

"Gorgeous..." He mutters looking at my face making me blush bright red to match my hair.

"I-I have to go..." I smile and race off out of the large cafeteria, a few students watch as I race past with my combat boots squeaking on the floor.

Entering the classroom where my friends are I smile and sit down wiping my blood covered hand on my pants quickly. Zim gives me a funny look but doesn't say anything while everyone else ignores my return without questions.

Grayhem smelt of Copper and Embers... such a good combination. No. What? Did I just think that?

I mentally roll my eyes groaning and lean back in my chair staring up at the vaulted ceilings. Inwardly I smile at the thought of Grayhem, he was so sweet... his eyes so dreamy. Ew no.