Chapter 34

~10 years ago

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"I'm not going to stop you

"I'm not going to stop you. You should see for yourself" Mingyu hung up the call abruptly, not wanting to hear his father talk about Jeonghan anymore. He got out of his car before making his way up to Jeonghan's apartment, which he had been in multiple times before.

He was going to knock on the door when he realised it was slightly ajar. Mingyu debated whether or not to walk in but ended up pushing the door open and heading to Jeonghan room after hearing music from inside.

Mingyu was about to burst in and surprise Jeonghan when he heard someone else in there with him. "I'm so happy right now" Mingyu didn't want to admit it, but he knew the voice all too well, Joshua Hong.

He opened the door slowly to see Joshua's lips pressed against Jeonghan's lips that he still hadn't forgotten the feeling of. Mingyu wanted to push in and say something, but he couldn't.

It felt like everything he fought for was pointless, like he was the only one fighting, and he didn't want to anymore. Mingyu held back any tears that threatened to fall before walking out of the house, vowing never even to face Yoon Jeonghan again.

If he had only stayed a few seconds longer, he could've seen Jeonghan push Joshua away and explain that his heart already belonged to Mingyu. If he had only stayed and seen how Joshua apologised for doing something so reckless just because his friend encouraged him to show how he felt, only if Mingyu had waited to find out that friend was paid by his father to set all of this up.