XXXVIII

The Sister Part XXXVIII

Angel's Point Of View:

"What? What do you mean you killed him?"

George asks, his face contorted into confusion. I sigh and place the papers back down onto the table.

"It was an accident. I grew up hearing stories about how this man killed his entire family, that one day, he just snapped. Some believed that he had done it while others swore his innocence. I wanted the truth, so, I cast a spell, a Truth Spell. Somehow, given our blood ties, the spell backfired and I saw everything. My Father had killed the entire family... Our family, and let his Uncle take the blame. I was angry, hurt and in denial and I just... Lashed out. So, yeah, my Father condemned the man and I killed him. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree after all." 

I scoff, tears filling my eyes. George frowns at me before pulling me to his chest. I momentarily freeze before relaxing.

"Like you said, it was an accident. Given what we know now about your powers, I'm surprised your body count wasn't higher. It wasn't your fault. Like I've told you since we met, your Father's actions don't define you. They don't define him anymore either."

He says, succeeding in reassuring me. I smile into his chest and tightens my arms around his waist. He sighs.

"I believe a date is in order, wouldn't you agree?"

He questions me and I pull away and give him a taken aback look.

"I'd love to."

I smile and he nods, a smile of his own gracing his face.

"Good."

He says.

⚡     ⚡     ⚡     ⚡     ⚡     ⚡     ⚡     ⚡     ⚡     ⚡

Angel's Outfit Below:

I come out of the bedroom and George is already waiting for me

I come out of the bedroom and George is already waiting for me. He's dressed in a pair of navy blue dress trousers, a navy blue long sleeved shirt and a pair of black shoes. I send him a smile when his eyes look me up and down.

"You look beautiful."

He nods and I thank him.

"You look alright yourself."

I grin and he clears his throat and holds out his arm for me. I take it and he disapparates us. 

We land slap bang in the middle of Hogsmeade. I smile as I look around me. 

I haven't been here in ages!

Taking my hand, I let George lead me through the village until we reach the all too familiar pub.

"The Three Broomsticks? We came here on our first date." 

I smile and George nods and leads us inside. The same Gentlemen greets us and he and George shake hands.

"I nearly croaked when Fred came in 'ere the other night with his girl! So glad he's back, George. Why don't you and your lady grab a table and I'll be right over."

Hanstool says and George thanks him and leads me over to the very same table that we sat on for our first date. He pulls out my chair and I sit. Once he is seated, Hanstool reappears.

"We'll have the pizza this time I think."

George says and I smile. Hanstool smiles and leaves us, not before using his wand to float two Butterbeers over to us. 

"After the year I've had, this is the most normal I've felt. And I have you to thank."

I say, bravely reaching across the table for George's hand. When he doesn't pull away, I smile.

⚡     ⚡     ⚡     ⚡     ⚡     ⚡     ⚡     ⚡     ⚡     ⚡

We leave The Three Broomsticks hand in hand with a big smile on my face. As we start walking, I speak.

"Let me guess, we are going to Zonko's?"

I say with a smirk and he looks down at me with a happy expression.

"It's like you know exactly how this date is gonna go."

He says and I laugh and follow him into the sweet shop. 

Once we had filled our bellies and come away with a bag each, we leave the store. We find ourselves in the park and George sits down on a bench and I frown and take a seat beside him. He's silent for a while before he speaks.

"When you left... I thought that in a few weeks, maybe a month, you'd be back. I waited for you. Then, four months went by... Then six... Then ten... Then a whole year. I found myself in the same hole that I fell in when Fred died. I had a girlfriend and the promise that my Brother would be returned to me. Then, in one day, I had lost both. I didn't think you were coming back. When you did... You wanted us to return to how we were. You were asking for us back. I thought, 'where did she get the nerve?'. You kept saying how you missed everything that we had, everything we were... At that moment, I wanted to hurt you. After all, you hurt me first. Then, you were bit. I knew that I would be losing you all over again. I couldn't... I couldn't hate you anymore because if I did, then I wouldn't have anything left. The truth is, I forgave you for everything the moment I saw you again. Of course I love you, Angel. I never stopped. I love you, Angelica Lily Riddle."

With a sob, I throw my lips onto his with everything I had, every emotion, every feeling, everything. 

"I love you, too, George. I always will, and I am so sorry for how I have hurt you."

⚡     ⚡     ⚡     ⚡     ⚡     ⚡     ⚡     ⚡     ⚡     ⚡