XLV

The Sister Part XLV

Third Person Point Of View:

Angel had wondered around the forest until early the next morning. She had come across a row of houses and took some clothing from one of their clothes lines before heading to the Ministry. She had to make sure for herself that her Father was okay. She waited outside the centre until visiting times started.

"Ah, Miss Riddle. You're here early. Your Father is having breakfast in the Banquet Hall. Go on in."

She thanks him before making her way through the many doors until she reached the Banquet Hall. Walking inside, she immediately sees her Father, sat at a table with a newspaper and eating porridge. She let out a sigh of relief at the sight, knowing that he was okay. She makes her way over to him and upon her arrival, he looks up.

"Angel? What's happened?"

He asks her, his brows pulled down into a frown. She doesn't answer him. Instead, she wraps her arms around his frame as he sat. He hugs her back, confused before helping her to the chair opposite him. The young woman had tear stained cheeks, which only worried the man more.

"I had to make sure you are okay."

She tells him and he cocks his head to the side, wondering why she would need to make sure of that when he is in the safest place possible right now.

"Why? What's happened?"

He asks her and she sighs heavily, quickly wiping away the tears coating her cheeks before looking at him again.

"Fenrir Greyback. He tried having you killed last night. When he couldn't get to you, he went after the Dursley's. You're a Muggle, Dad! You wouldn't have stood a chance."

She explains to him, avoiding all eye contact. He knew why though. He knew that look. He wore the same one himself once. Reaching across the table, he takes his Daughter's hand in his. This time, she looks him in the eyes.

"You're not worried about how you would feel if I did get killed last night, you're worried about what you would have done. The power has gotten to you, hasn't it? You've tried to control it, but, it's beginning to overwhelm you. You need to tell people. You need to find a save space for you to expel the bad magic. You can't bottle it up. It will consume you just like it did me. I won't see you become me. Talk to Narcissa Malfoy. She'll help you."

He tells the girl, who nods. Suddenly, his eyes catch something over Angel's shoulder and she frowns and turns around. By the entrance to the Banquet Hall is Harry, George and Hermione. By the looks on their faces, she knows that they heard everything. She turns back to her Father.

"I have a pack now. Is it possible for me to gift those in my ranks the part of my magic that allows me to shift at will? Lessen the magic inside of me."

She asks him and he nods. She finds herself sighing in relief. Footsteps grow nearer and Angel notices that Harry and George don't look at that comfortable around her Father just yet. Hermione, however, sends him a smile, one that he returns, much to Angel's shock, and, probably, everyone's.

"Minister."

"Tom."

"Angel? Talk to them. Tell them how you feel. Go to Narcissa. She knows how to transfer powers. As for Fenrir Greyback, let me see what I can do. I still have a few loyal followers. You won't become like me. I won't allow it."

He tells Angel, who nods and gives her Father a kiss on the cheek before she leaves with the others.

⚡     ⚡     ⚡     ⚡     ⚡