XLIII

The Sister Part XLIII

Angel's Point Of View:

One Month Later:

Angel's Outfit Below:

"Now, to know when they are cooked, you first wait until they start to boil, then, using your knife, you pierce each potato at the top

"Now, to know when they are cooked, you first wait until they start to boil, then, using your knife, you pierce each potato at the top. If the knife goes straight through, they are done. Here, take this. Now, you tell me if they're done."

Molly says, handing me the small knife. I nod and take it from her. Reaching over the boiling pot, I use my knife to poke one potato. When the knife goes straight through, I nod and try a couple others. When the same thing happens, I turn back to Molly and nod.

"All done."

I say and she smiles, taking the knife from me before turning the stove off. She takes the dish towel from the stove and uses it to lift the pot from the hob and carries it over to the sink. I follow after her. 

"Now, you need to drain the potatoes before you either serve them, mash them or roast them. Otherwise, it just ruins them. Now, you take this colander and pour the potatoes inside."

Molly says, handing me the colander. I nod and place the colander into the sink before taking the pot of potatoes from her. I pour the potatoes into the colander and place the pot on the drainer. Molly smiles and reaches for the colander, the excess water draining away. I follow her by to the stove when she places the potatoes into a tray full of cooking oil and places it into the oven.

"Now, they cook for about thirty minutes or until they turn a brown colour."

She says and I nod, making a note of what she had just taught me in my new cooking journal. I asked Molly to learn me how to cook. I never knew how because I didn't need to, food was just somehow brought to me. I wanted to learn. She was learning me how to cook chicken, potatoes, peas and gravy. The gravy seemed to be the easiest so far.

"Thank you, Molly. I just... I want to cook for George at least once in our lifetime. I want to surprise him."

I tell her and she nods, smiling as she wraps her small arms around my frame. The sound of the front door opening has Molly pulling back to see Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Harry and George entering. We are having a small dinner at The Burrow tonight because I can tell Ginny what she'll be having. I exit through the kitchen and Harry and George look surprised to see me already here. Arthur rises from his chair to give Ginny and kiss to the temple.

"Hey. You're here early."

George says, coming over to give me a kiss. Before I could attempt to make up an excuse, Molly jumps to my rescue.

"I asked Angel over to give me a hand in the kitchen. She can reach things that I can't."

She says and I mentally thank her. I nod to George, who shrugs with a nod before giving his Mum a kiss on the cheek.