Chapter 52- -yeepers creepers

Warnings ⚠: Child Abuse, Rape, Violence, Religion, Drug Use, Alcohol Use, Use of Slurs, Homophobia, Bullying, Mention of Suicide, Suicidal Thoughts, Suicidal Actions, Gun Use.

Josiah's P.O.V

-Saturday, November 6th-

During the whole thing, Damien keeps checking on me over and over again, almost as if I was going to vanish, or something.

He also seems to know that I don't in want to be here at all.

Not that anyone who is here wants anything to do with this, but... I really don't feel right being here.

These people cared about Damien's father. All of them do.

But I don't, and I never have.

I don't care about anyone other than Damien, which, I guess...that's why I'm here...

For him.

I knew from the moment I saw the casket that this was all going to be plain awful. I wanted to run and hide from the very moment we came in here...

But Damien needed me.

When we went outside, that was the worst part. It was cold and everyone was just crying. I was surprised to find that Damien didn't really cry, though.

I can't imagine what he's going through...

I choose not to eat anything at the dinner, of course. I just stick by Damien's side and try to smile at him every time he looks at me. He seemed to be too busy dealing with people giving their condolences and trying to talk to him, since he doesn't eat anything, either.

I wish he would have eaten something. It's super unhealthy to skip meals and then drink alcohol, which I know he will do. "Super unhealthy to skip meals.HMM JOSIAH HMMM

If he hasn't already today.

I know it's bad, but... I'm not going to mention it. Arguing about it on the day of his father's funeral sounds just awful. I won't dare to.

Even though it might...

No.

No. I need to change my way of thinking.

I need to at least try to be good for him.

If it doesn't work out, I'll find a way to get punished. But, as of right now, I just need to try as hard as I can to be good.

After the whole thing is over, we go home... Back to his house, and I follow him to his bedroom.

As soon as we're inside, he shuts the door and locks it.

I go to ask him if he wants to just lay down and finally get some rest, but he puts both hands on my waist and pulls me against him, kissing me deeply. All before I can even begin to say anything.

Okay.

We're trying this again.

I kiss back, clutching on to his shoulders for a moment, before wrapping my arms around his neck when he made no move to stop kissing me.

I'll be good.

Then everything will be okay.

He must really need physical contact, after us basically not being allowed to touch all day...

He holds me tighter, plucking me off of the ground and breaking the kiss for only a second to breathe before continuing.

What...the fuck?