Chapter 18- CALL ME

Warnings ⚠: Child Abuse, Rape, Violence, Religion, Drug Use, Alcohol Use, Use of Slurs, Homophobia, Bullying, Mention of Suicide, Suicidal Thoughts, Suicidal Actions, Gun Use

Josiah's P.O.V.

-Thursday, September 23rd-

I feel like Damien has been acting weird lately. He's become so...nice. And he's so protective and caring.

I don't know what I did to deserve him.

The only reason I can think of is because I can't have him forever.

Eventually, he will do something. Then it's all over.

He isn't actually safe...

But he thinks he is.

And he thinks he can protect me. Or, he says he will. Then when I ask how, he always says I don't know.

We'll see.

It's during lunchtime that I get cornered.

Two kids from Damien's grade - Jacob and David - snatched me before I could go to the cafeteria and dragged me outside. It wasn't the first time that I was caught by these two, so I know for a fact that they aren't as murderous as Logan is.

I shoot a text to Damien while they're distracted;

outside..front of school. Please help

All I could do was wait for him, and see if he even comes at all.

Jacob shoved me against the wall, taking a fistful of my hair, as if I would ever try to run away. He socked me in the jaw, making my head slam back against the wall behind me.

I couldn't help it but to burst into tears, having felt that pain a few too many times.

Damien, please... Please.

"Pussy." David remarks, as if that means anything to me.

I literally do not know what that means.

"It's in your best interest to let me go." I warn them.

"The fuck you talking about? You can't do anything to us!" Jacob pins me back.

I take a deep, shaky breath, trying not to have a breakdown.

I don't like not being able to move, and being pinned like this feels suffocating. Only Logan has ever seen me actually freak out just because of bullying.

"So, it's in your best interest to shut the hell up and take this like a man instead of being a little bitch!" David adds.

I get slammed into the wall again, my hands starting to tremble slightly.

Suddenly, I hear Damien say in a low growl, "You can either let him go, or I will make you let him go. It's up to you."

Thank God. I didn't want to go home early today.

"What's it to you?" Jacob questions.

"It doesn't matter. The only thing you need to know is this," He says, grabbing him by his shirt and pulling him closer to him, "You leave him the fuck alone and I won't beat you up every single day until graduation, you guys understand? If you tell anyone about this, I will make your lives a living Hell."

He lets him go, and Jacob and David both scurry off like he is the scariest person in the world. If only they knew...

If they have seen him sitting down patiently and teaching me to play the guitar, or if they heard his voice when he first wakes up and he is all groggy, and the way he holds my hand and keeps me safe...