Chapter 29- yabadabadontfuckingtouchme

Warnings ⚠: Child Abuse, Rape, Violence, Religion, Drug Use, Alcohol Use, Use of Slurs, Homophobia, Bullying, Mention of Suicide, Suicidal Thoughts, Suicidal Actions, Gun Use

Damien's P.O.V.

-Thursday, October 14th-

"Damien, are you even listening to me?" My mother complains, pulling me out of my thoughts.

If she knew I was thinking about Josiah right now...

I don't want to even think about how horrible it would be if she found out about us.

Dad wouldn't like it, but mom would try to fucking cast the devil out of me, or whatever.

Psycho.

I focus back on the admin work they have laid out on the desk.

It's so fucking boring, all of the business side of it...

Well, it would be interesting, if I wasn't busy worrying about Josiah.

"I'm listening, go ahead." I say to her.

She nods. "Anyway, we want you to come along on a business trip with us next weekend. We're just tying up a few loose ends on a deal, moving some old shipments out of our warehouse, if possible."

...Leave?

"For the whole weekend?"

My dad nods. "Yes. The sooner you get a grasp on all of this, the sooner I can retire." He laughs.

Right...

What if I don't want to be in this business? I think.

I smile at them. "Right. So is that what we're starting tonight? Prepping for the trip? Where are we going?"

"Puerto Rico." My mom replies, calling the secretary up from her desk, who's carrying another pile of papers with her.

Jesus Christ. This is supposed to be a fucking drugs and ammunition deal, not some sort of actual legal shit, but my dad likes to have all his bases covered.

"You want me to fly with you guys to Puerto Rico over the weekend?" I can't be hearing this right...

What if Josiah needs me? If I'm not here for him, then...

Before I can answer, my phone starts vibrating in my pocket.

Shit. I'm sure it's Josiah, no one else would be calling me.

"Okay, I'm going to go...use the bathroom. I'll be right back."

I leave the room and go into the bathroom, making sure it's empty.

As soon as it is, I call Josiah back.

"Damien." A low voice that I can't quite identify says as soon as they answer.

It's not Josiah, I sure as fuck know that much.

"Who is this?" I ask warily, not ready to have to inevitably sneak out of here and get in a load of trouble with my parents.

"It's Logan. What's up, bud?" He laughs.

"What the fuck are you doing with Josiah's phone?"

"We're hanging out. You have a problem with that?"

"Bullshit. Put him on the phone right now!" I demand.

"He's a little busy right now. Maybe call back later...?"