Chapter 63- No one wants to be here

Warnings ⚠: Child Abuse, Rape, Violence, Religion, Drug Use, Alcohol Use, Use of Slurs, Homophobia, Bullying, Mention of Suicide, Suicidal Thoughts, Suicidal Actions, Gun Use.

Damien's P.O.V.

-Friday, November 12th-

After I drop Josiah off at school, I head back to Pierre's house, not sure what else I can do.

I've contemplated going back to school, but everytime I bring it up to him, he immediately shuts it down.

He still doesn't want me driving him.

Which is understandable, but still...

As convinced as I was a few days ago about killing myself... Now, I'm really not so sure...

It's always an option, I suppose.

What's living going to hurt...other than him?

Now that I'm not at home and don't have to deal with the business stuff...

I don't know.

When I get back to Pierre's, to my surprise, he's still home... Normally he'd be gone by now.

Why would he be home...?

Maybe he took the day off.

He better not expect me to hang out with him, I want to just sleep or drink or something.

I get inside and as soon as I do, I see that Pierre is sitting on the couch, staring at the T.V...

But it's not on.

"Hey...?" I say, and he looks over at me.

"Damien. Come sit down."

He looks super serious.

I hesitantly sit down. "What's going on?"

He sighs. "This is hard to talk about, and I just want you to know that I'm here for you, but I need to know...did you try to..." He stops.

He knows.

Fuck.

I play stupid. "Try what?"

I don't know how he things he's going to handle this...

"Did you try to kill yourself?" He asks, saying it more like a statement than a question.

I stand up. I'm not talking about this. "Are you serious?"

"So you did." He sounds deflated, as if I've drained him.

"I didn't say that." I cross my arms, contemplating just running out the front door.

But I have nowhere else to go.

Nowhere left to run.

"You didn't have to say it, Damien. The way you've been acting the past few months... It's pretty obvious something is up."

Shit.

"What if I did? I'm here now, aren't I?"

Maybe not for long...

"Damien, I love you, and I don't want to see you do anything like that. Thank god you're still here..." He gets up, and looks as if he wants to hug me.

I step back. "Don't touch me."

He looks hurt.

I don't want to hurt him.