Chapter 23- ello luv

Warnings ⚠: Child Abuse, Rape, Violence, Religion, Drug Use, Alcohol Use, Use of Slurs, Homophobia, Bullying, Mention of Suicide, Suicidal Thoughts, Suicidal Actions, Gun Use

Damien's P.O.V.

-Wednesday, October 6th-

Josiah got someone else to drive him home yesterday.

I texted him and asked if he wanted me to pick him up this morning, and he said yeah.

I guess whoever took him home yesterday was a one time thing, but it didn't stop me from worrying about him late last night, along with worrying about the rest of the school shit going on.

I'm still sore from the beat down they gave me a few days ago, and the bruising is still really predominant. The worst being my black eye, because everyone sees it and either winces, looks away, or usually a combination of the two.

I'll be alright in a week or so. Nothing permanently damaging...as long as I don't get caught by all three of them again.

Just in case, I started carrying my knife to school.

I don't want to have to use it, but if worse comes to worse, I might have to.

I never used to take it to school, because if you get caught with a weapon, you could not only get expelled, you could get the cops called on you.

And the last thing I need are some cops investigating me or my family.

School yesterday was...so weird.

I didn't talk to one person the whole time.

I just kept my head down and took notes in my classes, using my now empty lunch period to sneak my food into the library and study while I ate.

I don't know why Josiah never did that, because it's really quiet and nice there.

I'm sure he has his reasons.

And the other day...when he texted that he loved me...

And I didn't say it back...

I hope he didn't notice that either.

I...I really like him, but I don't know...

We've only known each other for a couple months.

Granted, I've seen him like everyday for the past couple months, but still.

He gets in the car and I hand him the lunch that Pierre made him and I put notes in.

"Good morning." I smile at him, despite my exhaustion.

I missed him...

"Morning! I missed you. I don't like Tuesdays."

"Don't worry, I don't like them either. Especially with how sore I was from the other day. And I missed you, too. Really."

I did my training and acted as if nothing was wrong. But my dad could tell. So he said Thursday, we're going to work on the actual business side of things.

Because he wants me to start getting more involved with that side of things. He said maybe I'd even start going on business trips with them on the weekends.

I don't want to.

I would rather spend the weekends with Josiah.

The more and more I see of this side of the business, the more I hate it.