Chapter 25- baaa

Warnings ⚠: Child Abuse, Rape, Violence, Religion, Drug Use, Alcohol Use, Use of Slurs, Homophobia, Bullying, Mention of Suicide, Suicidal Thoughts, Suicidal Actions, Gun Use

Damien's P.O.V.

-Thursday, October 7th-

My dad hands me some papers, and has me start going through them.

I can't get over how...business like this drug thing is.

It's run like a legit business, and I still can't get over it.

That, and every front business he has is also an actual, semi-thriving business on it's own.

"Hide in plain sight." Is all he said when I asked about it.

He starts showing me the business aspects of it, and it's actually really interesting how it all works.

If this wasn't a big front for the main source of drugs and other illegal things in and out of the city, I would love this job.

In fact, maybe when I graduate high school, I'll do something business related.

I try to stay on task, but my mind wanders, and I end up looking out the window of the office building, and out onto the cityscape.

We're in a fucking twenty-something story building, and I don't know how to feel about all of this...

It all feels so real.

No wonder mom can justify this but not having a gay son...

If that's what I am.

I don't know.

It doesn't seem so bad when you're in here.

I stop looking out on the slowly setting sun, and I see my reflection in the window.

Business wear was required today, and I'm in the suit they got me forever ago.

It's definitely not my preferred thing to wear, but at least he didn't make me put a tie on.

I look at my face, and my messy hair... I look as tired as I feel.

I run a hand through my hair and attempt to fix it a bit.

Eh. I really can't be bothered to care.

Before I can get back onto my job, I hear my phone start ringing.

I pull it from my pocket.

Josiah.

I look at dad. "I have to take this."

He raises an eyebrow at me, but just laughs, "Go ahead."

I leave the room and answer in the empty hallway.

Almost everyone has left for the night.

"Josiah? What's wrong, are you okay?" I try to keep any panic out of my voice, but I'm sure it doesn't work.

"I c-can't get into the-the house, and...and I fucked s-something up, and I d-don't know how t-to get out of it. M-My head hurts l-like hell, and I-I can't breathe...and..." He stammers, sounding like he's going to explode or something. I've never heard him so upset.

I need to calm him down, so that he can tell me what's going on.

"Hey, calm down, alright. Just take a breath, we will figure this out..."