Chapter 42- uwuwu i miss damimen

Warnings ⚠: Child Abuse, Rape, Violence, Religion, Drug Use, Alcohol Use, Use of Slurs, Homophobia, Bullying, Mention of Suicide, Suicidal Thoughts, Suicidal Actions, Gun Use

Josiah's P.O.V.

-Wednesday, October 27th-

I didn't expect staying at Damien's house to be as hard as it is.

I want to go home, and to some extent, I have convinced myself that I will. But I don't think Damien will let that happen.

All the times I've joked about him keeping me forever, and now this...

It's strange to be sleeping in a bed, and to know that Damien is literally next door, and that I can do whatever I want as long as no one notices I'm here...

His parents don't come in here at all. So that's easy.

And then there's the butler guy... Pierre.

Damien expects me to be used to him somehow.

I'm not.

I do not like that Pierre tries to talk to me, and how he tries to be nice and...

Sometimes, I like it.

I just hate that I like it.

I think that having Damien, and having Pierre... It's kind of like having family? I don't know, but that's what it feels like.

At school, I forgot multiple times that I don't need to worry about going home. My mind kept going back to how am I going to explain all of this to my father and Aunt Dahlia...?

But I don't have to.

Because I'm not going home...probably.

I think we need to talk about that.

I don't get why, all the sudden, when my dad came back and Damien realized that things happen, everything became different. Suddenly, it was dangerous to live at home...

Or something?

We'll need to talk about that, too.

I don't know when, but I'll bring all of it up to him. Probably whenever he doesn't seem stressed.

Which...isn't often.

And probably isn't right now.

I don't know. It's hard to not be able to read people's expressions...

So, during lunch, I bring nothing up. Not one thing on my list is mentioned.

We talk about dogs.

He showed me a golden retriever, repeatedly telling me about how fluffy they are.

I determined that we should get a golden retriever puppy once we move out.

He seemed to like that idea.

But I don't think it will happen.

Sometimes, he's concerned about money. Dogs are expensive.

We'll probably have either a dog or a cat. Not both.

At least, not until we're rich and have a big house.

Plenty of room for a big dog.

Maybe that's what we need to talk about.

So, I choose to bring that up instead as soon as he starts his homework.

"Hey. Damien, are we going to have enough space and money for a cat and a dog?" I ask.