Chapter 31- dadadadummm

Warnings ⚠: Child Abuse, Rape, Violence, Religion, Drug Use, Alcohol Use, Use of Slurs, Homophobia, Bullying, Mention of Suicide, Suicidal Thoughts, Suicidal Actions, Gun Use

Damien's P.O.V.

-Saturday, October 17th-

I wake up to a knock on my door.

"Damien. Get up and get showered. You're coming to church with me."

I groan, my head pounding from the events of the weekend.

Thinking about everything Josiah tells me not to and then drinking until I pass out.

"No. Go away." I moan, pulling my blanket over my head.

"Damien Michael, you have a half hour to shower and look presentable. You will not embarrass me today. Get up now."

I roll out of bed. "Fine. I'll be ready in a minute."

She does this every time we have a fight. Forces me to go to church with her, as if I'm acting out because I don't have enough God in my life.

I go into the bathroom and take a quick shower.

When I'm done, I slip a towel around my waist and wipe the fog off my mirror. I stare at the tattoos she doesn't know I have.

Each one I got with Ethan and Hunter. They got some, too. We all have matching skull tattoos on our arms.

I comb my hair and brush my teeth. Then I take my earrings out.

They don't like piercings or tattoos here.

One time I went full punk, with a pocket chain and eyeliner just to spite my mom. One of the church leaders actually tried to cast Satan out of me. It was both hilarious and terrifying.

I pull on my blue shirt, black tie, and my black jacket. I slip on my pants, then tie my dress shoes on and stare at myself in the mirror.

I have dark circles under my even darker eyes, revealing how fucking tired I am.

Whatever. There's nothing I can do about that anyway.

I walk out of my room and my mom says, "Don't forget your bible!"

I groan and go back to my room and grab it out of my closet, where I hide it so I don't feel like God's judging me. I then run downstairs and text Josiah.

Damien: Save me. My moms making me go  2 church with her

I get in the car with her and she stays silent, playing hymns in the background as we go.

I don't think she listens to anything else.

Other than the screams of her victims when a job goes south.

I really wish I could understand her. With dad, his anger always makes sense and everything had a reason.

But with mom... I've never been close with her, but for some reason, she still insists on forcing me to church quite often.

Way more than I would go if I had a choice.

My phone buzzes and I look down.

It's Josiah.

Josiah: Have fun 💛💛💛 Sorry.