Chapter 49- Damien seems to have a fucking heart attack

Warnings ⚠: Child Abuse, Rape, Violence, Religion, Drug Use, Alcohol Use, Use of Slurs, Homophobia, Bullying, Mention of Suicide, Suicidal Thoughts, Suicidal Actions, Gun Use

Damien's P.O.V.

-Wednesday, November 3rd-

After Josiah's freak out, I didn't fall back to sleep. I found myself holding him in my arms and remembering bits and pieces from my childhood all night long, all of them involving my dad, of course. By the time the alarm goes off, I haven't slept at alI.

I didn't even have the urge to get up and drink, not sure of when I need to be back at the hospital.

I stared at my phone multiple times that night, waiting for a call from Pierre, saying the worst had happened.

I get up and get ready as quickly as possible, taking this opportunity to take a shower and all of that. When I'm done, Josiah goes in the bathroom and locks the door behind himself. I then hear the shower begin running and I quickly change out of my towel and into some dark jeans and a Panic! At The Disco shirt.

I slip my motorcycle boots on and quickly finger comb my wet hair. While he's still getting ready, I empty my school bag on my bed and pack it up with stuff I'll need to entertain myself at the hospital. I grab my phone, earbuds and charger, and I stuff a leather jacket and some of my homework in there, too.

I'll have to be really bored to do my homework, but you never know.

Josiah comes out of the bathroom in his big white sweater that he was wearing when we first met.

He's so fucking adorable sometimes... I can't even.

He slips some socks and his sneakers on and grabs his school bag.

"So, do you want me to come get you from school and take you back to the hospital with me? Or do you want Pierre to get you and just bring you home?"

"I think I'll be okay with Pierre..."

"Okay, let's go." I say and we walk to the motorcycle.

"No. Not that. I'm never riding that thing again." He protests.

I sigh. "Josiah, just get on, you don't want to be late for class, do you?" I say, handing him his helmet. I'm not going to stop riding my motorcycle, so he better learn to at least accept it.

"You'll change your whole life for me, but not the motorcycle... I see how it is." There's humor in his tone. He thinks this is funny.

I sigh again, holding back a laugh. "I can't give up all of my badass energy."

"You still have your edgy band tees. I don't mind those."

"That doesn't count. If it's something anyone could go and buy, then it's not EDGY ENOUGH ."

He laughs, and I swear to God, it's the best thing I've ever heard. I could listen to his soft airy laugh for hours. Just knowing I was the one who made him smile almost makes me smile.

He begrudgingly puts his helmet on and sits behind me, his arms going around my waist.

Despite us being together, his arms around me is still enough to give me butterflies. Not that I would ever admit it. That's not what an edgy person would do.

I must prove my badass-ness.

I quickly take him to school and, as he gets off the bike and hands me his helmet, I say, "If anyone gives you trouble, call me and I will personally beat the shit out of them."