Chapter 69-- BITCH ASS HOE!!!!

Warnings ⚠: Child Abuse, Rape, Violence, Religion, Drug Use, Alcohol Use, Use of Slurs, Homophobia, Bullying, Mention of Suicide, Suicidal Thoughts, Suicidal Actions, Gun Use 

Damien's P.O.V.

-Friday, November 19th-

The days leading up to my job interview are filled with Pierre quizzing me on questions they could ask, and us looking online for apartments in the area but also in our price range, which is...as cheap as we can fucking get considering I dont have a job.

We have plenty of money for now, but it'll go quick.

I have two interviews both scheduled for today, the Starbucks one, and then the job Pierre's friend has, with some contracting company.

One after another, like an hour of massive panic.

I don't know which one I'll get, but I'll have to find another job probably, depending on how many hours I can get and whatever.

Interesting, I know.

Everytime I talk to Josiah about it, he spaces out and looks bored out of fucking mind.

I don't blame him really.

After I drop Josiah off at school, I head over to my first ever job interview, no previous work record I can actually write on my resume, and scared out of my mind.

Pierre offered to go with me, but I told him I'd be fine.

As I pull into the Starbucks parking lot, I remind myself that I've got this, and I've been charming people my whole life.

I can do this.

I walk in ten minutes early, and tell them I'm here.

The pretty girl behind the counter tells me the manager is sitting at the table by the window.

I flash her a smile and say thank you, before approaching the table.

I contemplate running away and into traffic, but Josiah would be mad, so...

Instead I smile at the manager, a 40 something year old lady who looks a little tired, but nice, kind of like how a mom should be probably.

Hell if I know.

I shake her hand and tell her my name, and the interview begins.

It goes surprisingly quickly, and I'm short and concise with my answers, trying my best to convince her I'm good for this position.

...

"Hello!" I say excitedly as Josiah sits in the passenger seat.

I've been anxious to talk to him as soon as the interviews were over.

"Hey. How did the interviews go?"

"Well, I got the contracting job that Pierre referred me to, I start next Monday, and Starbucks said they finish interviews on Monday and would call me as soon as they know. But I think I nailed it." I smile at him.

"Cool. I think we should have celebratory cookies."

"I brought you a cookie." I say already pulling it off my dash and giving it to him. I knew he'd want one.

"I meant a batch of cookies. But thanks. Did you have one?"

"I did not," I say, "I went for a run instead."

It was really nice to shut my brain off again in that way.

Maybe I'll like...get a gym membership or something.