Chapter 59-- BREAK FOR WORK

Warnings ⚠: Child Abuse, Rape, Violence, Religion, Drug Use, Alcohol Use, Use of Slurs, Homophobia, Bullying, Mention of Suicide, Suicidal Thoughts, Suicidal Actions, Gun Use.

Damien's P.O.V.

-Tuesday, November 9th-

I wake up naturally, with no alarm, no one trying to wake me, no nothing.

We moved to the couch in the middle of the night when I kept nodding off.

I look down and see that Josiah is still in my arms. He's not asleep. He's looking at me.

"Good morning." He says softly, blinking up at me with his big blue eyes. They look worried.

For good fucking reason, I suppose.

I kiss him on the forehead and then pull him into me closer, getting comfortable. "What time is it?" I yawn.

He curls into me. "I don't know...but I turned the school alarm off a while ago..."

I look down at him, surprised. "Yeah... Why didn't you get me up for school? You're always so adamant about it."

He just looks up at me again. "After..." He stops, as if he's not able to say what he means, "...After last night, I really don't think you should worry about school today. And you're so tired, I didn't want to wake you up."

I nod and smile at him gently. "Thank you."

He looks away from me and stares up at the ceiling.

"About yesterday..." I start, "I'm so fucking sorry about what I did to you... I..."

Just thinking about it makes my chest fill with pain.

He looks over at me, and there must be something on my face, because he says, "It's okay."

"No." I manage, "It's not okay, because I did exactly what I've always promised that I would never do. I hurt you, and hurting you is the last thing I would ever, ever want to do and..."

"You didn't hurt me. It didn't hurt anyway, and I'm okay. It's okay."

"Okay." I say, nuzzling my face into his chest. He seems a bit surprised, but lets me.

God, after yesterday, I just want to stay here forever. He gently puts his arms around me, and for some reason, I really want to cry.

I hold back tears as I mumble into him, "I just...I love you so much."

"Relax. I love you, too. And I'm so sorry for leaving yesterday...and not answering your calls."

He begins to play with my hair, and this only makes me cry more. Tears are now falling freely.

He sighs deeply, "We'll be okay. Don't cry, please..."

I wrap my fingers in his sweater, trying desperately to calm myself down.

"I'm sorry." I manage yet again. "I think I could just apologize and apologize and keep doing it until the day we die."

"The day we die? Are we dying on the same day? That's poetic."

I let out a short laugh. "We're going to die in a fiery car crash at the same time and both die immediately and with zero pain and then that way neither of us have to be without one another."

"That's depressing. Why can't we just die in our sleep whilst we dream of each other? And they find us dead, still cuddled up together."

"...I guess that's a little nicer. I don't know. There's something cool about flames and fire trucks and being an inconvenience to traffic."