Chapter 55- ooooo

Warnings ⚠: Child Abuse, Rape, Violence, Religion, Drug Use, Alcohol Use, Use of Slurs, Homophobia, Bullying, Mention of Suicide, Suicidal Thoughts, Suicidal Actions, Gun Use.

Damien's P.O.V.

-Sunday, November 7th-

I look across the booth at Josiah and can tell he's not enjoying his food. He looks fucking miserable.

Why did I think taking him to a very public place would be a good date?

It was dumb of me to make him do this.

I just wanted to do something fun.

Something good to remember...

Maybe I can still save this.

"Hey, I have an idea."

He looks up from his taco salad.

I force a smile, doubting he can really tell anyway. It's more for me. To remind myself not to fuck this up.

I can't be sad right now. I have to make this good.

I don't have a plan, yet.

I'll figure out the logistics later, but until then, Josiah needs good memories.

I can't leave him after what just happened... on the bed.

"Why don't we get out of here? Watch a movie and get pizza instead?"

Pizza, an offer he can't refuse.

"What about dessert, and chocolate milk?" He asks me, his eyes not leaving the cup in front of him.

I think he might like chocolate milk even more than chicken nuggets...almost.

I smile, "We can pick some up some dessert and chocolate milk, too."

Josiah smiles back at me, "Okay. As long as you don't want to stay here?"

"We can go. Really. It sounds way more fun than this."

When the waitress comes back I ask for some to go boxes and the check.

I quickly pay, and on our way out to the car, I order a pizza.

I'm going to save this date.

If it kills me.

On our way to the pizza place I quickly run into the store, grabbing some ice cream and chocolate milk and I let Josiah pick out a movie. He picks some little kid animated Disney shit.

I just let it go. He could have picked something worse.

We pull into the driveway at almost exactly the same time as the pizza man.

We pay the guy and head inside with our goodies.

He looks a lot more excited now than he did at the restaurant. We sit our goods on the kitchen counter and I put the ice cream in the freezer.

I open the pizza and he looks into the box with awe.

"That looks really good. I like cheese." He says, smiling.

I get us some plates and pour us some chocolate milk as he sits two slices on each plate.

We take our food, milk and movie upstairs to the couch, and he looks at the couches worriedly. "What if we get the red sauce on the couch? I don't want your mom to get angry..."

I look at my nice, grey couches...

Maybe it's for the best that we don't eat pizza on them...

I pull a memory from my childhood.