Chapter 33- noods

Warnings ⚠: Child Abuse, Rape, Violence, Religion, Drug Use, Alcohol Use, Use of Slurs, Homophobia, Bullying, Mention of Suicide, Suicidal Thoughts, Suicidal Actions, Gun Use

Damien's P.O.V.

-Monday, October 18th-

I wake up with Josiah sleeping soundly in my arms. We must have fallen asleep while we were...studying.

God, I could get used to this. I think I already have.

I lay there for a moment and just enjoy him being here with me.

My phone rings and I slip off the couch beside him, being careful not to wake him up, and quietly answer my phone across the room.

"Hello?" I answer softly.

"Do you have friends over?" My mom asks quickly.

"Yeah, you could say that." I say, looking at his sleeping figure all alone, and I want to pull him back into my arms.

It seems so relaxing compared to the past hell of a month...or two...

"Well, they need to leave. Business emergency is headed home."

I panic. I have a sleeping boy in my room. I'm fucked.

"When will you be here?" I ask, trying to calm my voice.

"Five minutes, max."

Shit, shit, shit!

"Okay they'll be gone..."

I hang up and shake him awake.

"We need to go. Now."

He wakes up in a groggy panic.

"What?! W-Why?"

He rubs his eyes and puts his glasses on when I hand them to him, as I quickly toss some boots and my jacket on.

"Get your shoes on. My parents will be here in a few minutes."

He freaks out and gets up so quickly that he almost falls over.

He throws his shoes on, and we run down to the motorcycle.

He pulls his helmet on and we quickly drive out of there. Josiah is still half asleep, but in a panicked state of disarray.

We get him to his house, but when I park, he just stays sitting and hugging my back.

"Are you okay? Sorry for such the abrupt wakeup call. My parents are on their way home...Stock market emergency."

He just nods and rubs his eyes. "Yeah. I understand."

I help him off of the motorcycle.

"Sorry that we couldn't hang out today. But I'll text you as soon as I can."

He nods, rubbing his eyes under his big glasses, the left side of his hair sticking up. He looks so precious, I want to just scoop him up and take him back to my house.

I never want to leave...

I climb back on my motorcycle.

"I'm really sorry, for what it's worth." I smile at him.

"You better get home now."

I nod. "I need to know if you can get in first."

I didn't get to feed him or anything like I normally do before he goes home.