Chapter 24- HJONK HJONK HJONK

Warnings ⚠: Child Abuse, Rape, Violence, Religion, Drug Use, Alcohol Use, Use of Slurs, Homophobia, Bullying, Mention of Suicide, Suicidal Thoughts, Suicidal Actions, Gun Use

Josiah's P.O.V.

-Thursday, October 7th-

"Damien, hey..." I stop him before he gets out of his car, once we're at the school.

"What's up?" He asks.

He seems tired.

He's been tired non-stop for the past couple days...

But he doesn't want me to be concerned.

"I know you have to do stuff with your family this evening, but can you keep your phone on you? Please?"

"...Yeah. I'll keep it in my pocket, and keep the sound on." He promises.

"Thanks. I'll only call for emergencies." I assure him.

I'm just...not sure about any of this.

"Okay. Are you worried? About your friend time?"

I nod.

Friend...

Right.

"I'm always afraid of people. I don't want him to kidnap me and kill me." I try to laugh it off a bit.

"I highly doubt that will happen. But if you feel even slightly uncomfortable, call me. I'll be there as soon as I can get to you."

"I will be uncomfortable no matter what, but okay," I grab his hand, "Hey, before you go. Lean towards me a bit."

"Okay..." He sounds surprised, but does as I tell him to.

I lean towards him, too, leaving a soft kiss on his head.

"Thanks! I'll text you between classes. Bye."

"I'll be looking forward to it... Bye!" He says, as I get out of the car.

I get into the school before leaning against the wall and checking my phone. I send Damien about twenty heart emojis, then open the texts from Logan.

He has been asking a lot of weird questions. I'm almost convinced that he is just trying to confuse me.

He has asked a few personal questions about Damien that I don't even know the answers to.

I think he's a spy.

I don't like this.

At perfect timing, a text pops up. From Logan.

Logan: Meet me behind the school after you get out of your last class.

That sounds sketchy. Behind the school, after everyone has left...

Josiah: Alright.

Damien would know about sketchy things like that.

As I go to my first class, I send him a short text.

Josiah: Is behind the school dangerous?