4| magic in first sight?

Should I open?

Should I open?

Should I not?

Should I open?

Should I not?

I kept arguing, as I played with the envelope in my hand. It had the picture of the guy I was going to meet tonight.

I think I should open it!

What if he isn't good looking?

No matter how much people deny, looks do matter.

Full stop to that.

Finally I held the envelope to tear the sealed part, but again was interrupted, by the entrance of my sweet sister.

Note the sarcasm.

I love her the most, but huh, which sibling will accept that!

We don't want them flying on cloud nine then, do we?

"Mayra...oh I can come later..." She smiled looking at me.

"I am just seeing the pictures, you don't need to go out for that!" I rolled my eyes.

"And as if you'll open it if I am here. Anyways, let me tell you, he is really handsome!" She whispered, smiling at him.

"Di, you're married, and what if he gets married to me, he will be your jiju!" I snapped at her.

"Shushh! I said that for you, not for me." She replied.

"Di, how is the family?" I finally gathered the courage to ask.

"Mayra, I have met the family before, I was really small back then, but still I know they are really good people, aunty is a sweetheart, and uncle, he used to often visit us, and about the guy, he is also a good person, he is working at a good position, he loves his family the most, and me and mama feel they are the best for you, but you know just remember one thing, what is meant to be, will happen for sure." She said smiling at me, cupping my cheeks.

"What if things don't work later?" I wanted to be really open with her about everything that's bothering me, we have always been like this.

"You know, in relationships we need to make things work, sometimes they compromise, sometimes us, but that doesn't mean that at the end the marriage becomes something that we settled into, but something that we made it as ours. Ours as in you and your partner. And we all have heard this line, match made in heaven, and you have surely heard it- rab ne bana di jodi. So everything is written in fate, we are just a source to make it all happen." She spoke, I smiled slightly at her words.