34| missing him

"We were all so worried maa

"We were all so worried maa." I looked at her as I sat next to her holding her hand, while we were all in her ward, and Aryan was on the video call.

"I am alright and I am so happy you are back home." She looked at me affectionately.

"Haan haan main toh adopted hu, mujhe koi kyu miss karega." We all looked at the phone, while Aryan spoke. (Yeah yeah, I am adopted right? Why would someone miss me?)

"Bhai you finally agreed." Aaru said while he narrowed his eyes looking at her while she tilted the phone.

"Maa you are not taking care of yourself, you let me go away and see what you did to yourself?"

"Accha bas na, I was missing you both, maybe a little too much.." She placed her hand on mine and smiled. "Now my daughter is here, I had to be fine."

"Aur main?" He asked again.

"Phirse shuru hogaya iska!" Dad facepalmed himself. (He started again!)

"I am non existent for you all right!"

"Toh kab aa rahe ho ghar?" Mama asked and all our sights shifted towards her. (So when are you coming back?)

"See, I only have my maanvi maa, no one else cares..." He shrugged, while we all shared a laugh. "I miss you all!" He continued.

"Tell clearly na bhai, that you're missing bhabi already."

"That I do..." He whispered and I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Chal ab tu bhi aaja waapis, bohot reh liya wahan!" Maa said. (Come back now, you've been there since so long already)

"I will come back as soon as this project is completed, just a matter of few more days." He replied.

"Aanya ji..." We all looked towards the entrance.

"I will call you up in a while." I told Aryan and hung the call.

"Kirti ji?" Aditya's mother walked in.