17| family day out

"Your dad and I were planning for a family outing, so that we would get time before you both go

"Your dad and I were planning for a family outing, so that we would get time before you both go." Aunty said panicking.

"Don't worry mama, we will do the packing today itself. And tomorrow night is the flight. We have two days, to spend time together." He said looking at aunty.

"But how will it happen so fast? It's just some days since you got married, if you both go, it will be so empty here." She said as tears rolled down her cheeks.

I never thought I would get this close to her, and the same for her.

In such a less time.

"Mayra...." Before she could continue, I held her hands taking her towards the couch.

"Maa, you sit down first, calm down!" I said and she instantly looked up at me, as I made her sit.

"What did you say?" She repeated, wiping her tears slowly.

"Calm down..."

"No no, before that."

"Maa." I repeated and she smiled slightly.

"You know you're making it even harder for me to let you go right?" She looked at me with sadness in her eyes.

"We aren't going to settle there right maa. Just a matter of one month, and if the project work gets completed earlier, we will come back. If not, you all come there, we can all have a family vacation there." I said smiling at her, as my eyes glanced at Aryan, who nodded, smiling slightly.

"And even if your son-in-law...." I said looking at him, giving a teasing look. "doesn't come back, your daughter will come back to you all." I continued.

"As for the family outing, let's go today. It's Saturday, Misha di and Rehaan bhai might have also come, so we can all go." I said as everyone seemed excited.

"Dad, how about calling Adi..." I said looking at Aaru, who smiled at my words.

"Not a bad idea!" He looked at his daughter, while Aaru smiled and went back to her room.

"Mayra, you call Aadya too. I will talk to Maanvi ji till then." Maa said and I nodded taking my phone from the table.

~

"You're so evil!" Kabir shouted once he was successfully pushed into the pool by Aryan, while we all shared a laugh looking at him.

"This is what you get for showing those pictures of mine." Aryan stood there crossing his arms.

"I found another one...bhabi." Aaru called me.

"Aaru, I will kill you if you show that one!" He warned her, before he could snatch the photograph from her, I caught hold of it.

"This...is...Aryan?" I asked between my laugh as I glanced at the little girl in the photograph.

Yes, he was dressed up as a girl for a school function.