40| our time together

The front door creaked open as she stepped into her home, her eyes glazed with confusion

The front door creaked open as she stepped into her home, her eyes glazed with confusion. She walked in a daze, her feet dragging across the floor as if she were barely able to lift them. She felt like she was in a trance, and the events of the day seemed to blur together into a jumbled mess.

As she made her way to the living room, her thoughts drifted back to the moment earlier in the day when she had received a whole confession from the one she loved. She had been completely caught off guard by his words, as she had always believed that their relationship was nothing but just bound by the marriage contract. She had stumbled over her words, trying to make sense of the situation, but the more she tried to understand, the more confused she became.

She didn't know what to feel at that moment. She was confused as to who she was supposed to listen to, her heart or her mind. His words kept playing in her mind like a replay. She struggled with her mind whether or not to give their relationship a chance. She closed her eyes only to see every memory of them together play in front of her, as his words played along. Of how much he had noticed the littlest of things that she did. Of how he confessed that he fell in love with the little things she didn't even realize she was doing.

She loved him too, her heart kept screaming to her, to go back to him, to tell him that she loved him too, to let him know what he means to her. But she was afraid to give it all a chance after the last few terrible days she went through.

Her sight fell on the floor near the door, as she saw a letter right there. Taking slow steps towards the door, she went and picked up the letter. She sat by near the window, bringing her knees to her face, as she wrapped her arms around, opening the letter to read it,

To my miss chatterbox,

I can't write letters, I never have written any. I know you're having a battle in your mind right now, I am sorry for putting you in such a situation Mayra. I really didn't want to hurt you in this process, I had kept preparing myself to confess to you, as I came back home. Not once did I think it would all come out like this in front of you, I wish it was all in a happy situation, or a better one at least.