36| confessions

It's been a week and Kabir and Aadya have been trying to give off time to each other, as it was too much to process for both of them

I walked downstairs to find maa and Kabir in the dining hall.

"Maar khaayega agar khaaye bina jaayega toh!" She said taking the spoon to his mouth.

"Maa please! There's a meeting today, I am already late."

"First eat and then go!" I smiled looking at the duo.

"I need to start going the gym to lose my weight now." He said dramatically.

"Chup dramebaaz!" Aunty hit his arm as she laughed.

"Let me go now at least!" Taking the last bite of the toast, he stood up and left.

"Come back by dinner!" Maa called out, while he walked out to his car.

"Aryan is missing all of this!" I walked up to aunty.

"Let him be, I have my other children, woh toh aane se raha." Her face fell as she spoke.

"Maa, he will be back soon, Aaru also asked him to come before her engagement, I know he is not going to make her upset." I said back hugging aunty as she cupped my face and smiled.

"Kabir is so close to you all, I love to see his bond with everyone here..." I smiled at her laying my face on my palm as we both sat down.

"Jaan hai woh humare ghar ka! Just as Aryan and Aaru for us, if anyone from you all aren't there, this house feels empty." Her smile faded. (He is the life of this house.)

"Just some days maa, he will be back soon."

Hopefully.

"After losing one son, we got another one, Kabir..." She looked at me as I narrowed my eyes at her.

"I didn't get you maa."

"When I was pregnant with Aryan, I found that it was twins, but due to my health issues, I had a lot of complications, because of which they could only save one, I lost the other one. It was such a moment Mayra, where we didn't understand if we should be happy for the one we have or grieve about the one we lost, but then Kabir came in our lives, and it felt like that family which we always thought about is now complete. But it wasn't, you completed it now." She cupped my face and smiled at me.