11| the day

It was finally the day

My wedding!

Three weeks back, I had not even thought about it, and look at me now, sitting in my room, getting ready, as a bride.

"How long is this gonna take? I want to look at myself!" I whined, looking at the makeup artist and then at Aadya.

"Calm down, we're almost done! Just a little bit of final touchups. You can see yourself then." She said, and in few minutes, I was ready.

In the beautiful lehenga, all ready as the bride.

"Oh my god! You look so beautiful, Mrs. Khurrana!" She nudged my elbow, taking me into a bone-crushing hug.

"My dear, you have to get ready too, aren't you coming?" I laughed looking at her.

"Of course I am, without me the wedding won't even happen, I mean I won't let it happen!"

"My wedding just needs me and Aryan!" I chuckled, while she hit my arm slightly.

Soon di and mama entered, while Arya went to get dressed up.

"My baby girl, is looking so pretty." Mama said running her pinky finger through her kajal, and then applying a dot of it behind my ear.

Protecting from evil eyes.

That's what she said always, when I asked her the reason.

"I will really miss you so much." Di hugged me tightly.

Don't cry Mayra! Don't!

Di was my whole life, I loved her the most! And leaving her was the most difficult part for me.

"Di, I don't want to ruin my makeup today." I wiped my tear slowly, and laughed, while she hit my playfully, and let out a tearful smile.

"Now, we are going to attend the guests, you sit here till the baraat arrives." Mama said smiling and I nodded back.

As soon as the went, my eyes glanced at the photo frame on the bedside table. And looking at that, this time I couldn't control my tears.

Dad.