43| mehendi & haldi

He walked out of the room, dressed in a stunning green kurta that hugged his muscular frame perfectly

He walked out of the room, dressed in a stunning green kurta that hugged his muscular frame perfectly. I couldn't help but look at him, taking in every detail of his appearance. As he walked towards me, I noticed how the kurta flowed gently with his movements, emphasizing his confident and charming demeanor.

"You really want me to leave everything and just look at you today?" I smiled at him.

"That's your favorite thing to do anyways." He winked at me. "But I think that's going to be my favorite thing today!" He said making me chuckle at his words.

"Mayra why are you standing here? Everyone's applying mehendi there!" Aadya called out.

"I am coming!" I smiled at him once before leaving to the backyard where it was all set up.

The living room was decorated with colorful drapes and flowers, with a special seating area for the bride-to-be. All the young woman sat on a beautifully decorated low chair, her hands extended as the henna artist carefully applied beautiful designs on her palms and arms. The room was filled with the sweet fragrance of mehendi, and everyone sat in a circle around the bride-to-be, singing songs and dancing to the beats as I joined them.

"Who's name do you want ma'am?" One of the henna-artist who was applying my mehendi asked me.

"Write AK." I whispered as she drew some designs on my palm, and adding his initials somewhere in between of my palm.

"Here have some sweets." Aadya fed me and Aaru as both of our hands were busy.

"You also sit and apply your mehendi!" Kabir walked in, as he told Aadya.

"I don't like mehendi!" She made faces.

"Kisi aur ke haath mein dhundu apna naam?" Kabir joked only to end up earning glares from her, as I chuckled looking at both of their banter.

"You find and then see, the same mehendi will be on your face!" She narrowed her eyes at him.

"Aadya come and apply a small design at least, wash it off as soon as it dries!" I told and after passing a look at Kabir, she joined us too.