15| memories

"Why do, you like this place so much?" I asked softly as we both sat down under the beautiful star light

"It just reminds me of so much. Everything that I gained, and everything that I lost till date." He replied.

His eyes spoke a lot more than his words at that moment.

"Who is the most special person in your life?" I asked him.

"Was." He said making me turn back at him, and he continued,

"She's not there with me anymore. Though my family is now the most important and special people in my life, I had someone even more close and dear to me in my life."

"Maa." He continued.

"My grandmother. She was never like my grandmother to me, my whole childhood I have stayed with her. I have grown up with her. When I was 3 years old since then, mama joined back to her work, and since then I stayed with maa the whole day. I got so close to her, that when dad got his transfer here, I didn't want to come. I was inseparable from her, and so was she. Maa was all alone here, and she didn't want me to go either. I studied and, grew up there, with her and stayed till I completed my 12th. She did everything for me, maybe I never even had to tell it out. I loved her so much, I still do. And then one day, we found out that she has cancer, last stage. I was at such a point where I could never imagine my life without her. I wanted to do everything for her, to keep her safe, to keep her with me always. But god planned differently. In a matter of 2 months, I lost her." His eyes shined with every drop of tear that streamed through his eyes.

"I didn't want to believe it, not then, not never. That now I would have to wake up, and not find her around, that I will have to eat without her sitting beside me till I am done. That I had to do everything now, and she wouldn't be there with me. It was difficult, very difficult. I miss her, I feel that emptiness in my life."

"I was used to having her around, hearing my name from her mouth throughout the day. And suddenly one day, I had to see her lifeless in front of my eyes. She would never sleep until I was awake, and that day...." He paused taking a deep breathe. "Each minute, each day, I remembered her. Everything I did, would remind me of her. But she was at a place from where she could never come back."