35| unveiled truths

"Aadya you know you can't pretend in front of me right, ever since you came back you sound disturbed, and why have you been ignoring Kabir? He kept trying to reach out to you, and you just didn't answer his calls

"Aadya you know you can't pretend in front of me right, ever since you came back you sound disturbed, and why have you been ignoring Kabir? He kept trying to reach out to you, and you just didn't answer his calls."

"What do I do Mayra? My life has taken such a turn which I never expected, do you know his mom's fiancé was the one who took care of him until he was five, he lost him in a car accident, he was with his sister..."

"Fiancé?" I questioned.

"Yes, and you know who's his mom's fiancé?" She looked at me before she continued.

"Sahil Mehra."

My eyes widened as I heard the name, I couldn't form any words at that moment, just how I was wishing that I heard the wrong name.

"Aadya are you..."

"I'm serious, it's Sahil Mehra, my father."

Silence took over us for good few minutes before she decided to break it.

"It's not Kabir's fault Mayra, he has had such a terrible childhood, just by listening to him my heart pricks at the thought of someone going through it, but he has lived that life Mayra, I can't even imagine how he has gone through it all, but when he told me it was him who is his mom's fiancé, it literally felt like my heart had stopped beating, he left my mom alone Mayra, when she needed him the most, he left us, I hated him my whole life Mayra, I hated him..." She fell on her knees, I ran to her side, wrapping my arms around her shoulders, rubbing her back as she cried her eyes out.

"He left his own daughter to take care of his fiancé's children? Why was he married to my mom then? Why did he leave her? I hate him Mayra, I hate him!" She shouted before she finally broke down.

"Wh-when he told me his mom's fiancé was there, who saved them both from his own father, and then took care of them, Kabir also grew up on his saving, continued his business, he did so much for Kabir, Mayra, he was not even his own child, but when I heard that someone could be this selfless in love, I prayed for him Mayra, I prayed that wherever he is now, he should get all the happiness, he gave his life in the process of saving the children and giving them a better life, the children who weren't even his in the first place, I don't know if I should be happy for what he did, or hate him even more for leaving his own wife and daughter alone to go to someone who weren't even his own. Why did he do this to us Mayra, why does my mom deserve this, she never married someone after he left, she always told me that I was enough for her, why did I grow up hearing not to hate him, does she also know what type of a man he is, does she know he left us for someone else's children, does she know he gave his life for them, mama doesn't deserve this Mayra, why doesn't she hate him like I do, like she should too, or if she does, then why did she keep pretending to not hate him, does she expect me to not hate him? Not hate my father who left me and my mom alone? For someone else?"