48| shattered

"Shouldn't we be celebrating too?" Aryan snuggled closer to me as we lied on our bed

"Celebrate what? It is our daughter's birthday!"

"Technically, we both became parents that day, shouldn't we be celebrating that?"

"So, happy parent's day." I giggled.

"No! Happy us day." He placed a kiss on my cheek, making me scrunch my nose. He turned me over to make me face him.

"Let's celebrate." He brought his hand on my waist, pulling me closer, though there was no space between us. He snuggled his face near my collar bone and whispered, "I love you." He smiled at me, placing a trail of soft kisses on my collar bone.

"I wish there existed some words that could express how much I love you." I smiled at him and he pecked my lips once before speaking,

"Let's go and wake our birthday girl up now." He said and I came out of his grip. Sitting down on the bed, I grabbed my hair and tied them into a messy bun.

"Okie dokie, time to wake up." We both entered her room, taking a seat on her bed, as she snuggled into her duvet.

"Baby it's your birthday, don't you have to get ready for the party? You didn't see your new princess dress that dadda brought for you." I told trying to wake her up.

"Mumma, mimi is sleepy!" She closed her eyes tightly not wanting to wake up.

"Ayan will take all your gifts then." Aryan said as if he didn't know how smart his little munchkin was,

"He is a boy, why would he take mimi's gifts." She replied turning the other way to sleep, and I giggled looking at Aryan's reaction.

"Champ will give it to Kavya then." I gave him a are-you-serious-Aryan look, and he showed his palm at me trying to assure me that this would work.