45| happy place

Woke up to my most beautiful sight, as he slept just like a little kid, I smiled slightly glancing at him before going down to make our morning coffee

Woke up to my most beautiful sight, as he slept just like a little kid, I smiled slightly glancing at him before going down to make our morning coffee. Maa and dad had gone to bring Adi and Aaru home, as the ritual of the next day for the newly married.

As I poured the hot boiling water into our mugs, I heard his voice behind me and I turned to look at him. "Good morning beautiful." He wrapped his hands around me.

"Good morning!" I replied, and turned around and pecked his lips and he smiled at me.

My most favorite part of the day was to just sit with him and talk over a cup of coffee before we both got busy with our daily work.

"Kabir is not up yet?"

"He was literally managing everything all these days, he is tired let him sleep."

"Yeah, he really did a lot of work!" He nodded.

"While someone was just busy around his wife." I smiled taking a sip from my cup.

"I love being busy this way." He grinned taking a sip of his coffee.

"Let's make lunch together today!"

"You mean to say, I should make the lunch today." He replied and I narrowed my eyes at him. "Yeah, I am the better cook here!"

"Oh please! You ask anyone, I am the better cook." I made my way to the kitchen, and he followed me.

"That was a joke Mayra!" He said making me glare at him. I took out a huge plate, to knead the dough in it. He stood leaning to the kitchen slab, crossing his arms, as I added water to the flour, and started kneading it.

"I can help you!"

"I will do it Aryan!" I replied but he stood behind me, wrapping his arms around me, holding my hand as we kneaded the dough, and he touched his flour filled hands over my face, and I elbowed him to which he ended up laughing. Slowly bringing my hand over his face, I repeated just what he did with me, as he scrunched his nose, making me giggle.