1. My mind feels like a foreign land

"My mind feels like a foreign land

Silence ringing inside my head,

Please carry me, carry me, carry me home."

- Arcade

___________________________________________________

Lucy laid in her bed and stared ahead at the ceiling. That odd feeling in her gut and the unpleasantly cold shivers on her skin was something that she felt when something was about to happen. It was the same feeling that she had when she and Caroline were turned into vampires, or when her mother was laying in a hospital bed with paddles on her chest, or before Alaric's wedding. But, what scared her the most was that it was the same feeling that she got all those years ago when her boyfriend cheated on her.

She turned her body to see Stefan sleeping peacefully. She got up and slowly walked towards the kitchen downstairs. After pouring herself a glass of water, she turned around and gasped loudly at the person standing in front of her.

"Stefan! What the hell!?" Lucy exclaimed with a hand over her chest.

Stefan smiled at her while leaning on the cabinet.

"I just came to check on you. You seemed disturbed. What happened?" He asked as she sighed and drank water from the glass in her hand.

"Nothing. Just I have this weird feeling. But it'll pass. No biggie." Lucy replied as she shrugged it off.

"You know, I can tell when you're lying to me. Besides, your intuitions are never wrong." Stefan said, following her upstairs into their bedroom.

Lucy looked at him with narrowed eyes but sighed in defeat at Stefan's raised eyebrows.

"Ok, fine. It's a feeling. A bad one. I mean, it couldn't be that bad. But, we've faced so much. I'm sure we'll do the same again." She told him as Stefan hummed in agreement.

"Yeah, we'll get through it. Go to bed. You can't shoo enemies away if you can't sleep." Stefan said as he pushed her onto the bed and crawled next to her.

Lucy rolled her eyes and smiled as they drifted into soundless sleep. 

*************

"So, what plans for today?" Alex asked, looking around the dining table as he took a slurp of his milkshake. Lizzie, Josie and Lucy sat opposite to Alaric, Grace and Gaby while Stefan and Alex were at opposite ends of the table. 

"I'm gonna meet Jacob after school. We're going to the falls this evening." Grace said happily as they family smiled at her.

Grace looked at them nervously as Gaby grabbed her hand in reassurance, knowing what she was going to say.

"Um, I can't keep it a secret from him anymore. I want to tell him everything, about who I am, my school, my family, everything. I really love him, mom, dad." Grace explained as the two parents shared a look.

Lucy and Stefan smiled at her and replied "You love him and he loves you. He would never hurt you. You can if you want to. If he really loves you, he'll understand." Stefan said as Grace smiled widely at everyone. 

Grace and Jacob had been dating for almost a year now. He is the last living Whitmore at present and he didn't want anything to do with his so called family legacy. So, he moved to Mystic Falls to live a normal life. Grace completely understood that, considering that her parents and family had tried so hard to fit in over the years. But, now she and kids like her finally had a place to call home, The Salvatore Boarding School For The Young And Gifted.

_______________________________________________

Hey y'all! First chapter's here. I wanna keep the chapters short and sweet. I don't wanna put too much drama or info into just one. I feel like that's a thing I did in my previous book which I should have avoided.

But, if the chapters are short, then I can update everyday. If they are long, it takes a lot of time to plan them and preview and stuff. 

VOTE/ COMMENT/ FOLLOW if you like!