32. Lucy meets Luci

"W-what?" Josie uttered the word, choking on her own saliva. All heads snapped towards her and Hope's eyes widened with her lips parted slightly. Penelope glared at the crowd and walked away, a hand still on her neck. The crowd separated and got back to whatever they were previously doing, including Alex. Josie looked around flustered as Hope rushed towards her.

"I'm so sorry Josie. I only said that so she wouldn't bother me anymore. I-I didn't mean it, any of it." Hope stuttered out in an attempt to make sure Josie wasn't angry or embarrassed. Josie's eyebrows rose as she blinked hard a few times. She felt slightly hurt that Hope didn't mean any of it. But who was she kidding. Josie couldn't have a crush on the enemy's daughter. Besides, her siblings hated Hope. Josie was ready to ignore her feelings for the teen tribrid since she didn't want her siblings to hate her. Except they wouldn't. Josie was their sister. But she had a tendency of giving up things she loved for people she loved.

"It's ok. Did she hurt you?" Josie asked with concern. Hope shook her head with a smile.

"I hurt her worse." She replied with a tiny smirk. Josie laughed a little and walked away, leaving Hope to herself with some new found confidence and blushy cheeks.

〰〰〰〰〰〰

Back at home, after catching up with their brother, the Forbes twins just laid on the grass, simply looking up at the sky. It just gave them some sort of comfort in watching the night sky. Gave them assurance that maybe the people that they lost were up there at peace, probably watching over the girls. 

Caroline turned her head slightly to look at her sister with a fond smile.

"It's just amazing how we instantly feel everything's good with the world when Lucifer's here." Lucy propped up an elbow, sitting up slightly and nodding.

"We finally found some normal in our dysfunctional lives. And he does make every problem seem like it'll turn into pixie dust and float away. I still remember when I first met him."

FLASHBACK

A 13 year old Lucy was currently sitting at a donut shop in LA, crying her eyes out and staring at the donuts in front of her. Bill Forbes , her father, sat in front of her with a glare. It was already night with only a few customers.

"Eat, Lucy. You haven't eaten the whole day." He said with a stern voice. Lucy shook her head with tears.

"No! I don't want to. I'm literally so fat. All the kids at school call me adopted because I don't look like Caroline at all. I'm ugly and I I'll get fat again if I eat. Please! You know how hard it was to lose weight." Lucy practically begged Bill. She had been exercising a lot and not eating properly for days now, not wanting to become fat and get bullied again. Fact is, Lucy had already lost so much weight that she was now really skinny. Her collar bones had become more prominent and her cheekbones stood out.

Bill abruptly stood up and banged his hands on the table with a glare.

"I have been a supportive father, Lucille. But if you're going to act like a brat, then I don't really care. I thought LA would be a good change for you. Go back to Mystic Falls and do whatever you want. I tried to help but I really think you need to see a doctor." 

Lucy rapidly shook her head with tears at the thought of going back to Mystic Falls. Especially back to school. "Please daddy, I don't wanna go back!"

Bill slammed some money in front of her along with the address of his house, incase she got lost and walked out of the shop. Lucy broke down crying, covering her face with her hands.

After what felt like hours of crying with her head buried in her hands, Lucy looked up to the waitress who gently tapped her.

"I'm sorry hun, but we're closing." The waitress softly told her. Lucy shook her head and grabbed her things, leaving the money on the table. She rushed out of the shop and walked along the busy streets. Realizing that she had no money left at the moment, she had to walk home.

Lucy sniffled, hugging herself as she walked down a lonely street. She stopped her tracks when she saw two men. A regular man backed up into a wall. In front of him was a taller man in an expensive black suit, hovering over him. Everything about him screamed danger.

The taller man's hand wrapped around the other man's neck while he looked at him with a smirk. Lucy curiously watched the two men. Suddenly, the two men's heads snapped in her direction when her phone started ringing. The girl's eyes widened in horror.

Without a second thought, she tried sprinting away from the men. As she turned around to run, a strong grip on her coat pulled her backwards and she collided onto the man's chest.

"Who do we have here? Aren't you a new face." He said with a British accent. The man gripped her by the shoulders and turned her around to take a good look at her face. Honey blonde hair, dull green eyes and skinny. Lucy's eyes widened in fear as she tried to free herself. The man towered over her as she looked up at him.

"So tell me, little one, what is it that you truly desire?" The man asked looking at her with a smirk. Lucy felt powerless and felt like she was in a trance.

"I want to be beautiful like my sister so everybody would love me."

The man's smirk dropped and he gently withdrew his hands from her shoulders. He turned around to look at the man on the ground, who instantly ran away. He looked back at Lucy with a frown.

"Why sweetheart? You're already beautiful." He said much to Lucy's surprise. The words that left his mouth seemed to have broke the teen's heart because it sounded genuine. A sob escaped her lips while her eyes turned red.

"I'm not! I-I used to be fat and my sister is skinny and beautiful. I always got bullied. They even called me adopted because I wasn't as pretty as my mother or my twin. And I stopped eating and now I'm skinny too, but I don't feel pretty. Why am I not as pretty as my sister? We're twins right!?" She broke down, expressing all of her insecurities to the stranger who seemed a lot older than her. 

The stranger brushed away some hair from her face with a small smile. 

"We cannot change who or what we are. What we can do, is accept ourselves. Imagine one day you starve yourself and die? Your family would be in so much pain. Would you like that? And have your mother and sister ever called you ugly?" Lucy slowly shook her head.

"Didn't think so. People are going to forget about you after high school. But, if something happens to you, your family will remember it forever." The man spoke with a sympathetic smile. Lucy nodded, wiping away her tears.

〰〰〰〰

13 year old Lucy is sitting on the couch of the large penthouse, finishing the last of her Chinese food.

"This is literally the most I've eaten in so long! Thanks Lucifer." The girl spoke with food still in her mouth. Lucifer chuckled at her who finally had a hint of happiness on her face.

"Do I really have to leave? I could live here all my life." Lucy whined, sitting up.

"You have to, little one. Just know that I'll be there for you whenever you need me." Lucifer replied with a sigh. Lucy walked up to him with watery green eyes.

"Thank you. For everything." She said to the man who looked a little stunned. Lucy hugged him with her short arms as Lucifer froze a little, but hugged back never the less.

〰〰〰〰

FLASHBACK OVER

"35 years and we finally made it, Care. I finally feel like I've accomplished something." Lucy said, smiling at her twin.

"I know right! Everyone's alive and we're all ok." Caroline replied laughing.

"Yeah, we're all ok." Lucy repeated as the twins embraced, looking at the star filled sky.

〰〰〰〰〰