38. What my mother told me

◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽

◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽

Lucy munched on the last of her salad while Gaby and Alex sat on the couch, tossing jelly beans into each others mouths. Alex harshly threw the jellybean on his sister's face, causing her to glare.

"What the hell? That hurt." She said angrily, making him shrug.

"I hit you with a jellybean, not a bullet." Alex bluntly said, making Gaby to glare again. Gaby picked up a blue jellybean and threw it into his mouth at an alarming speed, making him choke.

"Oh come on, I hit you with a jellybean, not a bullet." Gaby added and flipped her hair. Lucy glanced at the clock on the wall and back to her bickering children.

"Hey, you two, stop trying to kill each other with jellybeans and go back to class. Break's over." Lucy said in her mom voice and the two huffed. The door slowly opened to reveal Juliet. Lucy's eyes lightened up at the sight of the wolf.

"Hi! Come in." She beamed at the brunette who stepped inside. Juliet glanced at Gaby and Alex who were on the couch. Gaby nervously looked away and popped another jellybean into her mouth. Juliet averted her eyes to look at the headmistress.

"Um, it's a full moon tonight and I'm kinda nervous. I've been turning alone my whole life. It's weird to turn in a cellar because I've always turned in the woods." Juliet explained and looked down at her hands. Only Natalie and Lucy knew how Juliet could turn at will, even though she was a regular werewolf. Juliet's words struck an idea in Alex's head.

"You know what, Gaby here also wants to turn today. She'll give you company, right Gabs?" Alex nudged his sister with a smirk. Lucy looked at her daughter with a smile.

"I think that's a great idea. Gaby, go accompany Juliet if you want to." Lucy encouraged her daughter, not wanting to make her do anything against her will. Gaby let out a nervous laugh and glared furiously at Alex.

"Sure mom." Gaby smiled and replied, not even glancing in Juliet's direction no matter what.

◽◽◽◽◽◽◽

Josie and Grace walked down the hallways, hand in hand happily. From the corner of her eye, Grace noticed Hope slurping her smoothie, leaning against the wall. Grace nudged Josie and gestured towards the tribrid.

"You should maybe go talk to her?" Grace asked unsure. Josie shook her head rapidly.

"I think it's pretty clear that she wants nothing to with me." Josie shrugged and averted her eyes elsewhere.

"She might have said it to not make you feel embarrassed." Grace pointed out and crossed her arms.

"She's your half sister, Grace. It's not like I want anything to do with her." Josie said and hugged herself as they continued walking.

"She's not my sister, alright. If you like her then don't hold back because we would hate you. Whatever you do, we'll always love you cause you're our sister." Grace smiled and draped an arm across the brunette's shoulder. She pushed Josie forwards as she stumbled in Hope's direction.

"Um hey." Josie awkwardly intertwined her fingers and greeted. Hope gave her a small smile and continued slurping the milkshake.

"I think we should talk." Josie shyly said and fiddled with her fingers. Hope tossed her finished milkshake into the near by trashcan and now, her attention was completely on Josie.

"I think so too. The thing is, my family didn't know I was a lesbian. My mom found out and she's completely ok with it. But, she was hurt at the fact that she didn't hear it from me. It's just that she has a problem with your family. And besides, it's not like we're together or something." Hope explained and muttered the last part.

Josie gulped the lump forming in her throat and blankly stared at her shoes. She simply turned around and left without another word, completely forgetting that Grace was listening in.

◽◽◽◽◽◽

Gabriella stared into the night sky, the moon still partially visible with dark clouds. She tossed her bag next to her and sat on a rock. Juliet made her nervous, and the word nervous was never in her dictionary. She ruled the world around her. Still, why did an unknown werewolf make her feel so powerless and small? 

She was snapped out of her thoughts when Juliet emerged from the bushes with a bag in her hand. She smiled at Gaby, who pursed her lips and forced a smile onto her red lips. Juliet took off her jacket and began unbuttoning her shirt. Gaby's eyes widened and she turned around.

"What the hell are you doing!?" She hissed, covering her eyes. Juliet only continued to undress until she was completely naked. Gaby's face was completely red and she refused to turn now.

"You know what, I don't wanna turn. I'm out of here." Gaby barked angrily and grabbed her bag, ready to leave. The sound of snapping bones made her stop her tracks. Gaby hesitantly turned around to see a grey wolf with amber eyes staring intensely at her. Juliet, just like her human form, radiated dominance and courage even in her wolf form. Looking at the wolf and the full moon at it's apex, Gaby's eyes shone bright gold, feeling the urge to turn.

In a few seconds, a grey wolf and a pitch black wolf stood in the middle of the woods, staring intently at one another. The black wolf let out a small growl and sped away further into the woods.

◽◽◽◽◽◽

◽◽◽◽◽◽

Hey hey! 😊

I'm planning to make chapters longer from now on. But, updates maybe a little later cause I have final exams going on. 💜