4. Ashes and the smoke

"Oh, please, come bring me upFrom my lowest take me higherCan you see meThrough the ashes and the smoke?"

From my lowest take me higher
Can you see me
Through the ashes and the smoke?"

- Broken

__________________________________________________

Grace laid back on the mat with her hands intertwined with Jacob's. The two watched the sunset near the falls as they cuddled next to each other. Gaby had called this date of theirs cliche, but the feeling was amazing, like it should never end.

Grace sat up and looked at Jacob with a nervous look.

"Hey, babe. You ok?" Jacob asked as Grace nodded and fiddled with her fingers.

"Jake, there is something I have to tell you. It's about me, about my family." She said as he frowned.

He took her hands into his and said "You can tell me anything, Lynn."

Grace took a deep breath as she looked straight at him.

"Do you believe in supernaturals? Vampires, witches, werewolves?" Grace asked nervously.

Jacob scoffed and said "What? They're not real. I mean, my crazy family had some paperwork and files that said about vampires but you and I know that they're not real."

Grace shook her head.

"They are real, Jake. Your family wasn't crazy. Vampires are real. Even witches and werewolves. Mystic Falls used to be flooded with those years ago." She tried explaining as he looked curious.

"Ok, but what does it have to do with you?" Jacob asked suspiciously.

"Because I am one." Grace said as his eyes widened in fear. He backed away as tears rolled down Grace's face.

"You're lying!" He yelled at her as he backed away.

Grace started sobbing as her eyes turned blue and the water in the falls streamed down extremely fast. The low lying area around the falls was completely flooded. Everything was perfect and she had ruined it.

"STAY AWAY FROM ME!" Jacob said as he ran away, leaving Grace sobbing alone in the forest, soaking wet.

*****************

The four siblings sat in the living room along with Lucy and watched tv.

Lucy checked her wrist to see the time as she frowned.

"Guys, Grace is supposed to be back by now. Where is she?" She asked as all the kids stopped what they were doing.

"Relax, mom. Maybe she's staying over at his place, you know." Gaby suggested, wiggling her eyebrows.

Alex changed the channel to the weather report as their attention was peaked at the news.

"Flood at the falls? Wickery bridge almost washed over? What the hell?" Lizzie exclaimed, standing up.

"It's Grace. It has to be. That's where that mundane took her to their date." Gaby said angrily as they stormed towards the door.

______________________________________________________________________

Poor Gracey bear 😥

Do you think she should sort things out with him or should she fall for someone else? Someone supernatural?

Comment down below!

VOTE/ COMMENT / FOLLOW if you want!

-X💖X💖

stillthinking_999