39. Seal deal

The full moon shone on Mystic falls, making it look shimmery as though it were a falls made out of liquid diamond. The brunette's eyes fluttered open and she sat up. The cold wind formed goosebumps on her skin and she shivered. Juliet, now in her human form, wrapped her arms around herself and looked up. A pair of big brown eyes stared back at her. Gaby, now fully dressed, tossed a duffle bag into Juliet's lap.

"Cover up or you'll catch a cold." Gaby told her with no obvious emotion in her voice. Juliet took the duffle bag and looked at Gaby with narrowed eyes and a slight scoff.

"And she cares too. Good to know." Juliet said and dug through the bag. Gaby turned around and folded her arms, giving her some privacy. Gaby wasn't sure why Juliet's comment made her heart sting a little. Most people thought of her as someone who didn't care much. But, she didn't expect Juliet to think the same of her. Gaby released a breath and looked at her feet.

"You can turn around now." Juliet's voice drew her away from her thoughts. The two girls walked across the forest towards the school. They weren't too far away from the school. It was within the premises. Gaby could feel eyes burning into her back as Juliet began to check her out, her eyes roaming everywhere on her body. Gaby chuckled humorlessly and swiftly turned around.

"What's your problem?" Now, Gaby and Juliette were face to face with each of them slightly glaring at each other. "My problem? Why would I have a problem?" Juliette asked and narrowed her eyes. Gaby scoffed and waved her hands around.

"One moment you're hitting on me and checking me out and the next moment you make stupid comments like 'so she cares too'. I mean I do care ok. It's not like I'm completely heartless or anything." Gaby started off annoyed but muttered the last part. Juliette's expression changed into one of slight shock. The night seemed all too quiet with only crickets chirping around. 

Juliette slowly took steps in Gaby's direction, without breaking eye contact. Automatically, Gaby began moving away from her until her back hit a tree. She stumbled into the tree and pressed her back deeper into the bark of the tree until Juliette was inches away from her. Gaby couldn't look away nor move her body. She wanted to run, scream and shove her head into an ice bath. Never had she felt so weak and miserable. And that made her feel abnormal. 

The silence between the two was too loud to be ignored. Juliette leaned forward until she her nose almost brushed Gaby's. So close that she could smell the strawberry lip gloss on her lips and the cherry perfume from the side of her neck. Juliette slowly placed one hand on the tree and reached the other to Gaby's jaw. She ran her thumb softly on her jaw while her skin tingled with the contact. Gaby tensed at the contact while her face burned crimson. She turned her head to the side, not wanting to look into her eyes.

"And why do you care exactly?" It was impossible for Gaby to not whimper at her warm breath directly hitting a spot on her neck as she spoke. Gaby loved her touch. She enjoyed it. She wanted it. What she didn't want was the love. Maybe it was the heightened emotions that had made her horny, or just the presence of Juliette. Something about this was dangerous and fun at the same time. Them, alone in the woods at night, with Juliette almost touching her. It was exciting. Gaby loved risks. She needed this.

Gaby slowly turned her head to look at Juliette but almost decided to back out feeling the intensity of her gaze. Gaby released a heavy breath and looked straight into her eyes.

"Because it would be gross to kiss you if you have a cold." 

------------------------------------------------------------

After a fucking long time I'm back! I was super busy with college and I was sick so I had to take a break sort of a thing. I didn't have the motivation to write too because I just couldn't focus tbh. 

Lemme know how you liked this pretty short chapter 👍. I'm still trying to catch up on how I want this story to go cause back then I had so many ideas and I have revisit them now. 

Updates are gonna be slow but they'll be worth the wait ❤💕

Love you!! 💖