35. Morningstar

〰〰〰〰〰

〰〰〰〰〰

After a lot of bitching and gossiping, the blondes were now home. The sun had set and the kids weren't back home yet. Lucy stepped in and instantly smelled pasta. She went to the kitchen to see Stefan's back facing her.

She slowly mad her way behind him and wrapped her arms around him. A wide smile crept on his face.

"Smells good." Lucy commented and Stefan continued stirring. He hummed in response.

"The kids will be back later on. Ric and Jo are on a date." Stefan informed her like he was implying something and she nodded.

"And?" Lucy asked, not seeing the big deal. Stefan turned the stove off and turned to look at her with a sigh. She released him and crossed her arms. Stefan raised his eyebrow at her and her eyes widened a little in realization.

"Oh, no Stefan, Josie already sa-" Lucy was cut off when Stefan picked her up and placed her on the counter. He harshly grabbed her chin and forced her to look into his eyes.

"I thought I said nobody was home." He growled and pulled her closer. Lucy's eyes literally popped out of her sockets. She had never seen Stefan act like this. Lucy smirked at the anger on his face.

"Are you desperate?" She asked, clearly amused by his dominance. Stefan's eyes darkened and he didn't reply. He only smashed his lips onto hers harshly. By the intensity of his kisses, she could tell he was desperate. But, she also sensed something else. He was frustrated, scared and angry. He was trying to make a point.

Lucy instantly kissed back and pulled him closer by the collar of his shirt. After a while of making out, she needed answers to her questions. Lucy pushed Stefan away slightly.

"You're afraid." She pointed out, breathing heavily. Stefan's lustful eyes turned into ones of guilt. He slowly walked away from her and turned away. Lucy jumped off the counter and hugged him tightly. Stefan hugged back and closed his eyes.

"I know that we're more powerful than them. But, sometimes love overpowers things. I know you'd never do that to me but I'm scared that he'd do anything to have you. He was ready to kill me for god's sake." Stefan told his wife honestly. Lucy shook her head rapidly and looked up at him.

"Never in a million years would I leave you for anybody. My feelings for him are long gone. He gave me Gaby and Grace but you made me feel alive, like I had a reason to live. You are the best thing that happened to me Stef." Lucy mumbled with tears in her eyes.

The two rested their foreheads against each others and took in the moment. Stefan kissed her slowly and passionately, and this time it was one of utter love and not lust.

〰〰〰〰〰〰

"I thought I told you Damon, go fetch your own bourbon and don't steal mine!" Lucy growled at Damon, who only looked at her annoyed. He huffed and sat on the couch. The two were in Lucy's office. Damon had stopped by to see his sister in law and best friend. There was a knock on the door. Damon opened the door and scowled.