2. You broke me first

"Yeah, you could say you miss all that we had 

But I don't really care how bad it hurts

When you broke me first"

- You broke me first

___________________________________________________

Lucy sat on her table in her office at the Salvatore Boarding school. She sipped her coffee and placed it back onto the coaster as she carefully read something on her laptop screen. She squinted her eyes and moved closer to read the text on the screen. She was overworking herself in order to avoid the unsettling feeling in the air.

On the other side of the wall was Alaric Saltzman's office, who was currently signing a few papers. The telephone on his table rang loudly as he huffed loudly. It was the last day of summer vacation as new students and recruits were still sending applications and visiting for tours.

He picked up the phone, not before clearing his throat.

"Good afternoon. This is Dr. Saltzman, headmaster of the Salvatore school. How can I help you?" Alaric asked in his best formal tone.

"Hi. I actually heard about your school from a friend. I wanted to enroll my daughter to your school." Came an awfully familiar voice as Alaric narrowed his eyes at specifically, nothing.

"Um, yeah of course. Can I get a name?" Alaric asked, trying to listen to the other side of the phone.

There was tense silence at the other end as the woman replied "Andrea Kenner."

Alaric let out a breath and said "Sure, Miss Kenner. Can I get your daughter's name please?"

The tense silence returned again for a moment as the woman replied "Hope Marshall."

Alaric noted down the name and ran his eyes and fingers through his calendar.

"We have a slot open for a school tour at 6 pm tomorrow. Is that convenient for you?" He asked, the phone stuffed between his shoulder and ear and a pen in one hand while a stack of papers in the other.

"Um, yeah. Cool. Thank you." The woman said as she ended the call.

**************

For the hundredth time, Lucy tapped her French manicured nails against the coffee mug as she waited for something to happen. The odd feeling in her stomach was here again. She stared at the door expectantly with hooded eyes as the door opened with a chill vampire hunter walking in.

"Give me the bad news first." Lucy rushed out as she stood up.

Alaric frowned at her and looked at her weirdly.

"I came to update you about a new student enrolling." He said with his hands up in the air. Lucy eyed him like he was a drug dealer at the airport. Alaric gulped and she looked away.

"I'm being paranoid, sorry. You were saying." She said as she laid on the couch and gestured for him to continue.

"Um, a woman named Andrea Kenner called to enroll her daughter, Hope Marshall." Alaric said casually as Lucy shot out of the couch.

She burst out laughing as she clutched her stomach. She looked at Alaric's confused face and laughed harder. Internally, she was freaking out. Her head felt like it was about to explode.

After a few brief minutes of laughing, her face turned emotionless.

"That's Hayley Marshall, Ric. And her daughter Hope Mikaelson. Andrea Kenner, my ass." Lucy said in anger as she again fell back into the couch.

"Today sucks." She said after a few moments of silence.

"Tell me about it." Ric said as he sat on the opposite couch with his head in his hands.

_________________________________________________

The name of the book including chapter names are parts of songs that are relevant. I'm really enjoying that. Even in aesthetics and part 1, I did the same thing. It's so much fun. By the way, aesthetics took soooo long to do.

VOTE/ COMMENT/ FOLLOW if you like.

-XOXO

stillthinking_999