3. Revenge is sweeter

"Do you even know how much it hurt

That you gave up on me to be with her?

Revenge is sweeter than you ever were."

- Revenge is sweeter

______________________________________________________

The family were gathered in Lucy's office. Alex sat by the window, looking outside. Lizzie and Josie sat on the table with their legs dangling off. Grace kept staring at her parents with watery doe eyes while Gaby stood there with crossed arms, biting her perfect, long red nails. Stefan and Lucy sat on the couch as they looked at the five, most specifically, Grace and Gaby. Alaric stood leaning on the bookshelf.

"The audacity of that wretched woman." Lizzie said as she jumped off the table and stood next to Gaby.

"I don't want them here, mom." Grace finally spoke up as she looked at Gaby for some sort of agreement or a reaction. But, she just stood there, her face void of any expression as she kept tapping her heels and chewed on her nails.

"Gaby, say something." Lucy said softly as Gaby looked at her mother.

A huge smile fell upon her blood red lips as she clapped her hands together.

"Oh boy, we need damage control, stat." Alex muttered as the others watched Gaby with wide eyes.

"They have no idea what they're up against, mumsie. We know how to dominate, too." Gaby said as she smirked, flashing her red eyes. 

Lizzie smirked as she fist-bumped Gaby. Grace smirked too as her eyes flashed a vibrant blue. Alex and Josie just looked at their parents, horrified while the two just smiled. Alaric only shrugged as Alex and Josie looked at him for his input.

"As long as they stay out of our business, we stay out of theirs, alright? But if they try to pull something, they're all yours." Lucy said as Alex and Josie walked towards the trio.

"If they try to hurt you, then I'll have to do something." Alex said with a shrug as he popped a candy into his mouth.

"Same here." Josie said, kinda nervous.

Stefan clapped his hands together and announced "Alright, family. We'll be fine. Let's get back to our work and see what happens tomorrow." He said as they all nodded and left the room to give their parents some privacy.

"I'm gonna go see Jo. She's gonna be staying at the medical center tonight." Alaric said as he walked out.

 (I edited 'important details of the plot' chapter. For those who read it early, you can go and re-read it.)

As the door shut, Stefan pulled Lucy into a hug.

"I'm so sorry. I promise you, he's gonna pay a huge price if he hurts you again." Stefan said as he stroked her hair. Lucy just nodded as she stared at a picture on the wall with baby Grace and Gaby in it.