30. Not so regular day

〰〰〰〰〰

〰〰〰〰〰

The kids were gathered at the breakfast table along with Alaric, who was sipping his coffee and Jo, who looked wide awake and fresh. Alex looked around and frowned.

"Where are mommy and daddy dearest?" He asked, biting into his toast. The others shook their heads. 

"I'll go get them." Josie announced and made her way to her parents' bedroom. It was almost time for school and the couple would normally be doing regular 'getting ready' stuff. Stefan would be busy brushing out his hero hair and Lucy would be busy getting her blonde curls right into place. Hair was something the Forbes twins wouldn't leave home without until it was perfect. Picturing the ideal situation, Josie barged through the doors, only to gasp as her eyes widened in horror. 

A shirtless Stefan on the bed with Lucy straddling him, the two making out like there was no tomorrow. Josie gasped and a  loud disgusted shrill erupted from her throat as Lucy almost fell off the bed. Stefan pushed himself off the bed and put on his shirt.

"Josie...um sorry." Lucy smiled awkwardly, not meeting Josie's eyes. She was really embarrassed for her daughter to walk in on them. In so many years, the couple did have a thing for showing affection in public, which only went up to pecks and cuddles. But never had they been careless enough to let their kids walk in on them while doing something more. Josie was honestly grossed out like any other child would. It would have been really cute as a tv scene where they were two teenagers in rebellious love. But, her parents, no way. She desperately wished she could have just unseen this. 

"Don't worry about it." She quickly mumbled and ran out of the room scared for her dear life. Lucy threw a pillow at Stefan who laughed.

"I told you not to, Stefan! What the hell?" She stated with a glare and Stefan only raised his hands in defense.

"Hey! Don't blame me for your horniness." He said with a pout. Lucy sometimes still couldn't believe how Stefan had changed so much over the years. Initially, she only saw him as a dumb dude with a hot face. He seemed like the one who never breaks rules and sacrificed his own happiness for others. But now it seemed like he had learnt to cut himself some slack and be happy.

"Whatever. We have to get to work." Lucy walked towards her dresser but felt two arms grab her from behind. She chuckled and closed her eyes. One thing that Lucy felt from the very beginning was that she felt safe with Stefan, like everything was going to be ok. They did have their ups and downs, but they always made it through. Stefan was a constant support system for her as a friend, which later on turned into more.

〰〰〰〰〰

Hope huffed a little and forced a bright smile on her face. Internally, she was freaking out. Hope wanted to see Josie again. Never had she felt something like that. It felt like she was going to go swimming at the middle of a winter night. The exciting chills were exactly what she was feeling right now. Just one moment around Josie and Hope could already feel herself craving more of her attention. From the corner of her eye, she spotted Josie talking to......oh god, the scary redhead. Hope gulped a little and started to head in the opposite direction. But, it looked like the universe was a little too fast in granting her wishes.

"Hope!" Josie called out and the tribrid stopped dead in her tracks. Bad time Josie. She slowly turned around and saw Josie's dazzling smile as she waved at her. The sight of Josie's ruffled black hair and flushed cheeks with that wide smile, Hope's heart turned into mush. She slowly averted her eyes and made eye contact with the deep brown eyes of Gabriella Salvatore. Her glossy red lips were curved into a smirk.

 Hope slowly walked towards Josie, only trying to focus on her instead of the predatory gaze of the redhead. Once she was right in front of them, Josie's confidence dropped. She just couldn't keep her eyes off Hope. Josie's eyes wandered around her body and and trailed down to her chest and soon went down to the hem of her skirt. She snapped out of her daze as Gaby cleared her throat with an amused expression. Wow, she did not see this coming. Gaby and Josie made eye contact with two opposing expressions. Josie looked away guiltily while Gaby's smirk remained. She turned her attention back to Hope, who was blushing fiercely with her heart thumping ever so loud.

"Hello, new girl. Good to see you again." Gaby greeted as Hope nervously smiled.

"Hi." She said hesitantly. Gaby's eyes darted between the two. It seemed like they had already met and Josie had forgotten to spill some tea.

"So, I take it you two have met? That's great. I'm gonna head to class. See you later, sweetheart." Gaby stood up and pulled Josie closer and pecked her cheek. She purposefully did that just to see Hope's reaction. Flipping her hair victoriously, she walked away. Josie awkwardly chuckled and sprinted behind Gaby without clearing up the relationship between her and Gaby. That they were sisters, which is why a jealous and slightly hurt Hope stood uncomfortably in the hallways, thinking about why she thought a girl like Josie would go for an awkward shy girl like her. 

〰〰〰〰〰

Hey guys! 💖 What did you think of the chapter? Yay or nah?

A question real quick : Pick a face claim! Scarlett Johansson, Blake Lively, Emma Watson, Elizabeth Olsen

VOTE/ COMMENT/ FOLLOW if you liked the book so far. I have planned things for this book so I see it going up to 50 chapters or more. Depends if I get ideas in between.