33. Jealousy Jealousy

〰〰〰〰〰〰

〰〰〰〰〰〰

The grill was the hotspot of drama in the town. From teenagers to adults, everyone had some or the other complication in their life which came from the same place, the Mystic grill. 

Hayley Marshall eagerly tapped her fingers against the wooden veneer of the bar. Freya sipped her herbal tea in a nearby booth along with her wife, who stirred the cappuccino on the table. The old, rusty bell at the door rang, and everyone glanced at the door only for a second and went back to their business. Except for the three women.

A tall man in an expensive suit walking in like he owned the place. Trailing behind him was Alex Salvatore, looking around. The two sat down at a booth, looking very happy. Lucifer and Alex placed their orders as a waitress came to them and noted down. After she left, they started having a conversation, which Hayley absentmindedly listened into.

"You had to see the look on her face. Hope choked her and Josie just stood there watching. It was so much fun watching Hope beat up that crazy clown. You had no idea from how long I'd been wanting to do that. Hope Mikaelson and my sister, I don't think I can imagine that." Alex told Lucifer, smiling a little. It was definitely hard for him to imagine his sister with Hope. But, he thought that they would make a cute couple.

Hayley frowned at this. Her daughter with one of Lucy's children. There was no way in hell she would have let that happen. Hayley slammed a 100 dollar bill on the counter and made her way to the booth the two were sitting at. Freya and Keelin watched as the woman approached the two. 

She halted in front of them and put on a fake smile.

"Did I just hear you say that your pesky sister has a crush on my daughter?" Hayley spoke up, gaining the two's attention. Alex scoffed and turned to look the other side, desperately wanting to avoid the sight of the woman. Lucifer, however intertwined his hands and leaned on the table with an amused expression.

"And who might you be?" Lucifer asked Hayley and she looked over at him. She folded her arms across her chest and narrowed her eyes at the man.

"Who the hell are you?" She retorted, growing impatient. Alex went to speak up but Lucifer beat him to it.

"Funny, considering you decided to interfere with the lovely time I was having with my nephew." He stated with a dangerous smile that sent shivers down the hybrid's spine. Wait, nephew? Hayley let out a laugh and looked back at the man.

"So not only did Ms Perfect compel herself some kids because she was jealous of what I had, but she also bought herself a makeshift brother? That's just desperate." Hayley stated with an eyeroll. 

The problem Hayley had with Lucy was that she had everything. A loving mother, not so loving father but ok, caring friends, a powerful boyfriend, three Originals as her best friends, immortality, she had it all. Lucy had the life that Hayley had always wanted. Both the Forbes twins did. 

It had pushed a few buttons in her when she saw Tyler and Caroline together. During their time in the Appalachians, she felt like she and Tyler were very similar and got along very well. But, after coming to Mystic Falls and seeing him with Caroline, a girl who seemed like a typical teenager infuriated her.

Then, she met the younger Forbes twin, Lucy, who was very protective of her older twin sister Caroline. The memory of Lucy choking her right after she found out that Hayley had snapped Caroline's neck was still in her mind. 

Hayley was honestly very intrigued by Klaus and Lucy's relationship. She always wondered how a person like her could fall for a man like him. She watched how overprotective he was of her. The man who was death himself trailing behind the blonde like a lost puppy. What was it about her that made the Original hybrid weak to his knees?

Hayley had grown up around manipulative, cruel people. The environment of her childhood had been manipulating and getting what they wanted, no matter what. She had to break into people's cars, pick pocket and what not to just get through the day.

 Of course, after years of this repetitive cycle of manipulation, she was meant to believe that there were no good people in this world. Just cruel people with ulterior motives. And that was what made her mistake Lucy's kindness and loving nature for manipulation.

Just like with Tyler, Hayley thought that she and Klaus were very similar. In terms of orphaned, abusive dad issues, abandonment, recklessness, they had it all. The she wolf saw Klaus Mikaelson as an alley. Someone who she could bring on her side. She needed protection and as long as the hybrid would be by her side, nobody would pick a fight with her. After all, she would do whatever it took to survive. 

That night, Hayley had a lot to drink. Even though werewolves could not get drunk, the amount of alcohol she had consumed was enough to make her ever so slightly dazed. She only wanted him to be her ally and protect her. In hopes of that, she had tried to persuade him. But one thing led to another. But, in the end, Hayley got what she wanted. Not only did he become an ally, but he also became the father of her child. 

As for Klaus, it was only heat of the moment. In intentions of persuasion, Hayley had told him a lot about her childhood. Like how she had struggled to survive and that she was all alone all these years. He seemed to relate a lot with her. 

Lucy had never told him about her struggles with bullying, fat shaming and everything she had endured during her early teens. So, naturally he assumed that life had been a cakewalk for her. At that little string of moment, he felt like Lucy would never understand the things he had been through. But, a stranger sitting in his house did. Hence, it was only a moment of weakness for him while his guard was low for a moment. The environment of common struggles and sympathy just made it happen.

But, that was absolutely not a reason to cheat on such a lively girl like Lucy Forbes. Reason she never told him was because she didn't want to revisit it. As a vampire, honestly over eating never made her gain weight. She was happy and she wanted it to be that way.

In a flash, Alex's fist collided with Hayley's nose and a crack sound echoed through the grill. Alex winced in pain as the hybrid's nose broke. Hayley clutched her bleeding nose and glared at Alex with her hybrid eyes glowing. Freya and Keelin set their cups down and ran towards her.

Hayley growled and let her fangs come out, ready to attack Alex. As she sped towards him, she was stopped by an iron grip on her neck. Hayley gasped and tried to cough out but the grip was too strong.

"Is that any way to treat a child?" Lucifer calmly asked, choking Hayley while she withered in pain. At this point, people in the grill seemed horrified and left the place, leaving the small group to deal with the situation.

From the corner of his eye, Alex saw Freya nodding at Keelin and moving her hand forward to cast a spell.

"No way in hell." Alex growled before narrowing his eyes at the witch. Keelin and Freya watched as thick vines rose from the ground, tangling themselves around her hands and legs keeping Freya in place.

Lucifer, having enough of the woman, carelessly threw her on the ground. Hayley coughed and tired to recover from the attack while Lucifer pulled out a white handkerchief and wiped his hands with it. He scrunched his nose up in distaste and threw it onto the ground.

Lucifer pulled out money from his wallet and placed it on the table, taking one last glance at the three women. 

"Dear, release her, would you?" Lucifer asked Alex with a raised eyebrow and he nodded, the vines seeping back into the ground. The uncle - nephew duo casually walked out of the grill, minding their own business. 

〰〰〰〰〰〰