the aftermath #1 - hnbd

It wasn't fun at all, today.

Well, it never that fun in hospital. There are good news everyday, but with good — come bad one. Today just bring whole flashback to years ago, when he almost lose his patient while doing his internship.

Now, standing as medical graduate and a real doctor — he's facing another same things. This time, a bit more collected instead of locking himself at the room for the whole day, crying.

It wasn't weak, because people have sympathy. And a normal person would be sad over death. Over any bad news. So he himself think it was okay for him to be sad over any death news outside the ward, emergency unit or operating room.

The face of the family being heartbroken just now— was the most hell part. It wasn't nice, isn't it? To accept that the people that you have lived together the whole life, suddenly leaving you? Or to see someone you loved the most — departed to the after life.

He wasn't a family man, but he had someone that he treasure too. And he didn't know what to do if she ever leave him. His friend told him that — it was love.

So today, sucks. Definitely.

He put his head on the steering while listening to the music played randomly on the radio. He's exhausted. Physically and emotionally. Truly.

Just few seconds after, his car door was unlocked, and familiar scent started to spread in his car. He smiled at the girl presence. She quickly set aside her white coat and her school stuff.

She look tired too. But still smiling. Prettily. As she always does. As what her smile famous for. Healing.

"Is everything okay?" she asked.

"Not really. A lot happened." he replied.

The girl connected their hand together. "We don't have to push our date then. We can just order in and you should get some good sleep."

"Is it okay? You've been excited for today?"

The girl nodded. "It's okay. Today was to celebrate you, to be honest. I don't think you know what date js today?"

Today. Not his birthday. Also not hers.

"Today was not our anniversary right?"

The girl laughed. "No...."

Pulling something from her bag, something that had been prepared by her — in packs. Biscuits. Ted velvet biscuit, specifically.

"I took baking class from your frequent cafe..last month I think? Ever since that I tried to bake..not really much but I think today result was close to your favorite. I hope you liked it."

"Sweet will always relieve stress, as said by our favourite Professor Kim— right?"

He laughed. Of course. Professor Kim always seems like he promoting sweet in class. And they are medical student, not culinary student. Their professor probably have his own cafe anywhere.

"Oppa."

The boy turned into the girl. She grinned.

"Happy national boyfriend day, Park Seonghwa. Thank you for being such an exemplary boyfriend."

It indeed love, he thought.

Seeing her smile, her effort — being able to held her hand, being able to be loved by someone that loved by everybody. Having someone that supported you, it definitely love.

And Seonghwa didn't know what would happened if Jihae left him. He don't even want to think about it.

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

hello, special chapter!
a lot of people wondering who is the man behind jihae last post in the epilogue, it actually so clear 😂 (probably not if you didn't stan ateez) but it's seonghwa.

hope you all love this one! i wrote this in more matured style of writing (while i wrote like him CHILDISHLY that i can't even bring myself to edit them T____T)

stay safe, and good luck for monday!