44

"we all hate liar,arent we?"

han jisung

i was almost never the first one to know things,nor that i catch up thing fast. i am the last person to know about my father cheating behind my mother,and the last person to know about felix and jihae. i was sure i am very late in having reaction over something and i wished sometimes i knew thing first from every other people.

but i didnt think how its actually burdening me after hwang hyunjin told me the truth. i kept tossing to every inch of my bed, trying to not think that much about his words. his reason to actually leaving korea soon,leaving us and also,by mean leaving someone he wanted in his life.

i still stand by my choice,actually.

hwang hyunjin also told me that seungmin didnt know about this thing, instead he told the first two people that wasnt really had the reason to know,which is ailin and me.

that made me think hard. why not kim seungmin? seungmin had always been on his side, and he also had the biggest brain among all of us despite me being the school no 1. afterall,seungmin was the best decision to know this first,and even the dumbest person would know that.

    my phone light up on my right side as it dinged. i sighed,flopping my body to the side,unlocking it to find a message from seungmin. lets talk about his power of instinct.

      i can lie,but i cant pass seungmin

      i can lie,but i cant pass seungmin. its better to give ambiguous reply rather than lying to him—all of us hate liar anyway.

   oh. yes—all of us hate liar. so is hwang hyunjin. figures. maybe he himself had another plan to explain himself. yeah—thats must it.

    so i should sleep now,right? can i?

–––

day passed. an update to their life,nothing much. jihae and seungmin have passed their econs assignment earlier than the due date is, and seungmin then take a leave from school for a reason he never mentioned. he did asked jihae to passed his leave letter,in which jihae gladly accepted. she just couldnt forget how seungmin actually helped her during that one time she skipped school, but this one are real thing.

next,zhou ailin is sitting in front of her. she waited a little early than felix,before asking her to actually accompany her to new cafe in town,and she claimed the news had that they made a god cheesecake,and so she came.

that,after them both being relieved that felix had actually extra class so he cant be bothered by the two girls going out.

"the news are right. they did have good cake!" jihae could see ailin eyes turn into cresent as she grinned. jihae agreed,the cheesecake is really that good.

"do you have your costume already?" ailin suddenly asked. jihae just shaked her head,making ailin confused. "but the festival is in another five days?"

jihae sipped the drink before staring into the chinese girl eyes "yeah but i kinda forgot... that i dont have any theme costume,up until you mention this." she just rubbed her neck. its true,she was actually focusing on her project more, and since the year is ending— there is more homework and quizzes come,so she was actually too focused on her study instead of anything else.

sleeping on 2,not charging her phone well,and she also might missed few calls from hyunjin just because she accidentally left her phone at felix house. she was glad that hyunjin wasnt mad at her.

"im done choosing my costume anyway." ailin said "not telling—let be surprised for each other,okay?" jihae laughed,understanding where ailin came. she could have tell her what she going to wear so they wont be wearing same things.. but jihae respected that opinion.

    and she might have an idea of what she going to wear— and she was positive that no one would actually wore this.

   ———

short update :D but please anticipate the next one 🥺💛