Rewrite Chapter 23

Chapter 23: A Loving Goodbye

The trees held two individuals who gazed up in the other's eyes and to them there was nobody else in the whole world, but them.  The female leaned on the male's chest and wrapped her arms around him in delight.

"You feel warm." Narissa stated with her head on his chest.

"Am I?" He asked her, raising his eyebrow knowingly and carefully stroking her hair.

"Is that... Lavender?" She muttered pressing her face into him.  Niderudion paused and widened his eyes.  "I'm guessing your silence is a yes?" She told him.

"Wow, I uh.. I didn't expect you to say that." He chuckled, "I just took a shower before I came here."

"You know the other week, when I called you and you seemed upset because you were sad that you fought with your sister?  After I left what happened next?" The prince thought to that time and shook his head.

"My princess, she apologized after talking to mother.  I guess I overreacted," He shrugged, "I never really fought with Novalie before.  She was really upset." And it was because I mentioned you, he wanted to say, but didn't.

"I don't know what to say, I couldn't imagine." Naricelissa admitted looking down.

"Your brother has been acting strange lately." Niderudion stated turning to his beloved, "I think a reedin told him something and now he is either worried or acting stranger than usual."

"When is he not strange?" Naricelissa exclaimed, "In all honesty, they probably threatened him or he found something out that he is not telling."

"Pff," The prince shook his head and laughed.  "He does what he's suppose to do.  If he doesn't then I demand him to and Nakosir cannot refuse my orders."

"Rich privileges," She muttered.  "If you weren't the prince, he wouldn't care telling you or refusing any orders."

Niderudion smiled at her words, "We're two types of people, raised differently.  I was told I'd always be the prince and I began to do things for this kingdom.  I never understood people and just pretended to be friendly when I could cared less if they didn't benefit me.  You on the other hand-"

"That's cold." She interrupted him, "Though I believe you are different than you claim.  See, I have barely any memory before seven years ago.  The thing is, I always wanted to fight and study weapons.  Then when I heard those reedins and darkened souls plotting that one day in the forest, in enraged me that I had to stop it.  Who would believe us, simple civilians of a kingdom that has no recognition?  We never travel to other kingdoms and if any they come to us.  Even that is rare, as they send items or letters to us through magic and we do the same thing in return." Naricelissa tells him as she leans down and her memory still hides away her past.

That's the flaw of being a vision wielder.  That has to be why she can't remember, right?

"I think Esperon is amazing." The prince shakes his head, "It still standing here and survived as one of the oldest kingdoms.  Sure, its name changed, but it is still the same.  We come from the source of luminescence and magic of the moon." Niderudion looked down as he thought of her words, "My Princess, what both of you did, I am thankful for." He pressed his lips to her cheek.