Rewrite Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Her

     Naricelissa Deveria had emerald-blue long, flowing hair down to her mid back.  A silky white tunic flowed on her body with a small, golden stash of orbs, magic ingredients, notes, books, and other information.  Her lashes flickered revealing her midnight blue eyes.  Her face, her petite figure, her everything revealed that she was sweet and innocent, but it was the exact opposite.

"Nako!" Naricelissa gleamed when she saw him again after what seems forever.  He was always trying to get away, now that he had what he wanted.  "Wow I just haven't seen you in awhile.  I'm actually doing great!"  She nodded her head.  "Yes, so is other siblings.  I can handle much as you.  Maybe someday we could switch roles of what we do..." The girl laughed gingerly, "I bet it would be just like if the other has done it, you know."

"What is this nonsense you are talking about?" He laughed dryly, "Just hush!  Don't you remember?  You should really know it by now.  I am always the one, the first, and forever it shall always be me.  They always said to me, not you, me 'You will lead, when we go, show your siblings what to do, and be the best one for everything.'  Why do you always have to do this and talk like this as if we are equal?  We both know I am better as I hold dominance, a male being." He sighed, "Narica, you are such an annoyance.  Why do I have to even be related to someone like you?" He yelled causing her to step back.

"W-what?" The girl looked shocked.  "I...I am an annoyance?  I didn't meant to.. I just...I just haven't seen you in awhile, so maybe we can do like we used to... You know how we fought together as in with swords and using magic..like fighting in the forest." The girl sighed.  "Ahh I remember it and we both became experts, I just thought it would be fun to do it again." She carefully said, twittering her fingers.

Nakosir couldn't believe what she was saying.

Firstly, saying that out in public where anyone could hear.  Secondly, saying some nonsense about fighting together just because they used to in the past?  It was the present and he always believe you should not dwell too much on the past on focus on the present....on what is currently going on.  It angered him so much.  He lifted her head back and raised his palm on her cheek, slapping her.

Her eyes widened.

"Narica,  that was only because if something happened on me I knew I could count on you.  Being in such desire to please your older brother you would do almost anything for me."  This angered Naricelissa.  "That is why I became the knight of the royal family which I always wanted and practiced for with your help.  The only reasons you are strong and can do extraordinary things is simply because of me, sister.  Do not forget that!  Without me, sister, you are nothing...." He yelled but made sure only she could hear him.  Then forgetting how he was yelling, he switched his tone of voice.  "Oh and tell your younger sibling I wish her well." He sneered knowing he got his point across to her.

Instantly, he regret everything he said as soon as she left.

Was he too harsh?

Maybe, but he knew if he did this, it was the only way to protect his sister.

He headed back to the castle as everyone who saw him gave him a low bow as if he was royalty.  As soon as he was out of his younger sister's ears of two years, she began ranting out loud.

  "Why do I always feel as if I hate you?  You're such a disgrace to me.  You even treat everyone else better than I.  The royal family, yeah.." She scoffed.  "I'm sure you be dead if they knew how you really were.  And no one sees this except for I, why do you always do this, why can't it be like before with you and I, but the only reason we were close was to make you be better!?  That is no reason!" She yelled, her hands in fists, screaming to the world.  "What is your deal with me?  Is it I, you really hate, or shall it never be spoken to the face of I making me having to go out of my way to find out the truth you can never speak to my own face.  If I know the truth of it, for you did all that with I because you wanted to get better at everything and became the best, the one... Although the truth is the same, for you were right about me, and that I would never clearly let anything happen to you..." She glared at the air in anger, "My brother Nakosir.  If something were to happen to you and if it just you and me.  Would I still help you now that I know this?  Did you every think about that brother?" Anger fumed off the girl as she refused to let any tears fall.