NL 12

Shadows who Betrayed

         Eziynda was a princess.
But she was more than that but nobody saw her for what she truly had.
A gift.

She could sway shadows by her voice with lullabies.
She was elegant, proud, and everything anyone would love.

But she wasn't cared enough.

She was disregarded like that all because they knew she was unimportant.
She wouldn't change the future, they thought.
She wouldn't be the one they needed to please.
She held no important title, just the lowly princess that would have no affect.

Oh how wrong they were....

She loved her father, her mother, and even her older sister.
They cared for her in a way filled with love but the ways of the people changed her.

How could they say those things with her back turned.
How could they act as if she was just a servant of the palace with no rights.
No respect.
How could it all be like that.

How was is that she wasn't born first.
She had studied just as much if not more.
She had special talent no other had.
Not even her parents nor sister.

All others had ordinary magic of their kingdom, but hers was beyond ordinary; it was special.

She succeeded and knew far more than her sister.
But her sister could do nothing and she still would be loved, yet never treated like a dumb fool.

It was quite ironic.
What did she do better.
How could it be this way.

And everytime her sister saw her it was as if she kept on being nicer or sweeter even.
It filled her with rage and anger.
The townsfolks' words always rang in her ears that she just pitied her.
She felt bad that she has to put up with a proud sister who doesn't know her place.

If all she could do was bad in there eyes what was the point of being good?

The princess lamented and the shadows came to her one day.

They gave her an idea.
They offered her a deal.

But those shadows were lowly servants of another kingdom who have been slowly planning the downfall of others.

That kingdom was no more than a tiny town a slither of land now, but sought for their land to be as it was.

They sought to find the weak points of every kingdom and destroy it from within so they could gain their land back.

The princess was being deceived by manipulating her anger.

If they only saw her bad and thought she was indifferent then she would show how much change she would make.

The princess one day disappeared.

And outside of the kingdom nobody had heard about it.
It was like she didn't existed at all-- as if she wasn't important enough to care.

Whatever the real case was nobody knew, but the damage had already been done.

The princess heard about it and wanted nothing more to own it all.

They did nothing--not even working a day in their lives to be where they were, but she had to work hard if she wanted to keep up-- and she did.

She surpassed them but apparently it wasn't enough. Nothing she did was enough so it was time to take matters into her own hands.

She would show that she is capable but better and all those who cursed her name and called her unimportant would face the consequences, but first she needed help.