NL: 17

Escape through Sunrise

            Nakosir appeared into a room with other Esperon civilians.  Nasima and a few others were there trying to calm some of the more emotional ones down.

"Sizerci!  I was afraid something happened to you," she exclaimed going to her brother.

Nakosir frowned, "You can't call me that anymore.  You know exactly why more than I know myself..."

Nasima laughed, "Sorry, I forgot!" She smiled sheepishly, "I'm glad you're safe..." She looked around and noticed her sister was missing.  "Where is Sarci?"

Nakosir gave Nasima another look, "Narica went ahead to a different place."

Nasima smiled, "Yeah that sounds like her."

Some of the others noticed she was talking to the royal knight in a friendly manner and couldn't help but be in awe.

"Are you both close to each other?  I wouldn't have guessed..." One of the civilians looked up in wondered.

"She's my sister," Nakosir answered the civilian.

Many gasped at the news.

A woman who Naricelissa often helped out asked, "Wait really!?  You never told us he was your brother!  Why do you and Nari live like that then?"

"She gives everything to others.  You know how she is.  Incredibly selfless.  And won't accept it until everyone is better off than she is." Nasima laughed.

The others nodded, it did sound like her.

A girl who was friends with Nasima turned to her, "Why didn't you say anything?"

"You never asked." She grinned cheekily.

"Alright enough about this," Nakosir told them all.  "Is there any rooms with beds or something similar around?"

An older man with a few children walked up, "Yes, in the hall.  The youngest prince of this kingdom has offered us his support until we can go back.  There are plenty rooms."

A girl with maroon hair smiled, "Ah you must be very tired."

Nakosir shook his head, "Actually not really.  I mean I haven't slept since five days ago but it's actually because of her.. Her Highness," Nakosir smoothly revealed the unconscious and clearly shadowed princess by lifting up some of his cloak.

They all gasped and widen their eyes.  She still had a veil on.  But they could tell she had be touched with darkness.

"Is she okay?  What's going to happen?" They tried to come near.

"Everyone stay back!" He demanded, "Most of you have souls.  If you get near, your soul might be affected.  However, my soul isn't with me so I am safe." His voice gotten softer,
       "I think I can help her.  But before anything I need a room for her and I will speak with the Queen, Her Majesty.  So please remain calm."

"Nako," she suddenly panicked, "Wait I went near you will I---"

Nakosir shook his head, "You'll be fine.  Being near me won't cause anything to happen.  It's not passable through me but through her.  But for now I must go." He smiled as he shifted towards the room.

He walked down the hall and found an empty room. 

After laying her unconscious body down, he sighed deeply.  "What am I going to do?  Niderudion is going to kill me for not protecting his sister and Her Majesty..."
       He trailed off some more, "Well who knows what she will think of me now.  But I have to tell her everything."