NL: Chapter 7

A Strange Darkness

            Nakosir, knight of the Esperon royal twins was stationed outside the princess's room just as always.

The other night, flower came to him.  The flower of Forgiveness, the one who granted him the power to fight, who also gradually took his memory in return.

"What does she want now?" He thought out loud. "What more does she have to give or take from us?"

He remembered those days when they wanted to keep remembering their memories so they can learn and move on from them.... Or move on from what they face, or whatever that means.

Their memories kept them going so in the end they could go back and save them.  Save who exactly, that remains a mystery...

They could get strong, protect the forest from darkness, and destroy those who did them wrong.

Until, he realized the price they paid for becoming strong, their memories that became lost and forgotten.

Gradually they would forget things, but since Naricelissa got extremely hurt, she lost them all in return for being healed.

She was his sister, and he couldn't loose her too, after he heard what they did to their parents.

Nakosir sighed and closed his eyes, it was a long eve.

...

"Sizerci!" A girl smiled, she ran over to him faster than she should have, but nobody was watching, so she should be safe right.  "I haven't seen you in awhile." She looked down nervously, blushing as she avoided his look.

"Lady Syrukia," A young male of about 12 years of age smiled at her and slowly embraced the girl as he hugged her comfortably.  "I'm sorry, I wasn't able to see you for a bit.  I accidentally made a..." He smiled awkwardly when he suddenly came up with an excuse,
     "Uh I wasn't feeling well!  You couldn't go anywhere because of me and I must apologize for that.  I'm supposed to be your escort."

"It's not your fault," She told him, "As long as you're well and okay that's all that matters.  You're not hurt, are you?" She eyed him carefully, "Did you stand up for Sarci again?"

The cyan haired male lowered his head, "Yeah, I did.  I don't get it.  She is always making me look bad when I promise them, she won't make any more mistakes.  But she always is getting into trouble and I just don't get it." His voice broke and suddenly he was more emotional,
       "W-why is she d-destroying everything I worked hard for.  If I can't do this then they will deem me useless and if she can't do it then I will face the same result.  This can't just all be for nothing!"

She frowned, "I know I shouldn't dwell in affairs that have nothing to do with me, but I'm just worried.  And forgive me for wondering, but why do you always stand up for her?" She looked at him carefully,
     "Shouldn't Suni do that?  I mean I heard you knew her before all of this, but were you two actually romantically involved?  I mean I guess that would do it, but I feel a bit hurt even though that we are is arranged it is just I-"

Sizerci as she called him smiled and shook his head, "Oh no, me and my.. I mean me and Sarcia were never like that.  You want the truth." He smiled and looked down, "Well Sarcia, she is actually my sister."

Syrukia widen her eyes, "Wait-what?!" She looked at him closely, "That.. that makes more sense now.  And I'm sorry for doubting you and think you were being unfaithful!"

"You had no idea." He smiled sadly, "It wasn't your fault, but you cannot tell anyone about this.  The elders forbid this from getting out."

Syrukia took off one glove and brought a warm cloth to him, "Your back... How bad does it hurt?"