19 rewrite

Chapter 19: Allude of Memories

Kiridena and Midnira walked passed the festival into a hall. Kiridena then laughed gracefully, "Why did you leave and suddenly now you return? I know you," She shook her head, "you never do anything without a reason."

"My twin sister and her husband suddenly died and I was required to go." Midnira looked down, trying to cover up the hidden memories she had.  Maybe it was wrong for her to come back..

"I was to be the queen.  What do you expect? I had no time to come back." Midnira defended herself and her actions.

"Yeah and I remembered what you said that day when you got word of their deaths!  What was it again?" She looked down for a moment, "Oh yeah, 'Why she'd have to go and die. First she's always lecturing me to be proper and stay out of Narvidian's affairs and now she's making me wear a crown. And don't get me started on heirs, the royal moons are cursed to always bore twins and I don't want to go through the pain of childbirth.' Those were your words and several days later you just vanished leaving me and Nelvren a single letter by my bedside." Kiridena exclaimed tugging on her hair.

"Don't bring Nel into this." Midnira looked down.

"Oh is that how it is going to be?" Kiridena widen her eyes, "He's going to want to talk to you. Those two are his aren't they. I'm not blind where the red hair and tan skin come from? That's a bit messed up, if you ask me. You hook up with him right before that and then leave."

Midnira avoided her friend's eyes, "It wasn't just right before that. I didn't even know actually until sometime after I left." She looked back up into her eyes, "Besides I was drunk, we both were."

"What?" Kiridena shook her head and sighed, "You know he would've helped you. He wouldn't leave you alone like that."

"Remember it was your wedding night." She began speaking softly, "Then the next day I got word of my sister's fate. I didn't wanted to leave because I thought I loved him. Besides it doesn't matter, he clearly didn't feel the same. I asked him to join me, he refused and I left.  He was the only one stopping me from going." Midnira realized what she was talking about and shut her eyes, "Why.. Why am I even talking about this? I came here to get a break from everything not to be interrogated about my life's choices!" Midnira yelled and then sadly shut her eyes.

"He already put two-in-two together and wanted to help you. He thought you'd return and then that is when he-" Kiridena suddenly stopped when she saw her friend's expression.

"If he really cared he would've came," Midnira sighed, "Besides stop blaming me when you don't know the full story. You didn't even know we'd often do that sort of thing. We were just a little too drunk and things went farther than we expected."  She rubbed her forehead and leaned back, "In the morning, I remembered nothing.  In all honesty though, you weren't even there when he said those things to me.  They cut like knives, so hurry up and drop it.  If I knew you be like this I'd choose a different kingdom to go to."

The Queen of Narvidian blinked and sighed, "I'm sorry. I just was upset you left without saying anything. You could have at least said a goodbye.  Anything even. It frustrated me that I only got a letter." She smiled sadly, "Though, I suppose it was worse for Nel who didn't get even a letter.  I guess that was your way of saying I don't need you."